Re: Politics

jfv wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 7:23 am
Curry Pervert wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2024 2:50 pm Lebanese border update: Israel has fired on the UN peacekeeping troops and two have been injured.

Can you imagine the outrage if this was Iran? Or Houthis? Meanwhile in the west - crickets.
And now they are lobbing shit into central Beirut.

How is anyone permitting this??
I really like the idea of the UN being an actual authority. Don't know when we lost that if we ever had it, but it seems in international news every time the UN is being ignored it's an atrocity.

jfv wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 7:23 am How is anyone permitting this??
You're making the mistake of thinking that these warmongering psychos are normal people, with empathy, compassion and a natural sense of justice. This goes all the way back pre-millenium, to PNAC.

War on Gaza: Israel wants to finish the job Washington started after 9/11

More than 20 years ago, a group of extreme ideologues known as the neoconservatives seized the foreign policy initiative during the presidency of George W Bush. They have since become a permanent foreign policy elite in Washington, whichever administration is in power....

...Like Israel, the neoconservatives see the world in terms of a never-ending clash of civilisations against the so-called Muslim world. In this context, international law becomes an obstacle to the West’s victory, rather than a guarantee of global order.

Israel was supposed to carry out a central chunk of Washington’s post-Iraq plan, starting with its war on Lebanon in 2006. Israel’s attack there was supposed to drag in Syria and Iran, giving the US a pretext to expand the war....

...The plan went awry largely because Israel got bogged down in phase one, in Lebanon. It blitzed cities like Beirut with US-supplied bombs, but its soldiers struggled against Hezbollah in a ground invasion of southern Lebanon.

The West subsequently found other ways to deal with Syria and Libya.
Dave N. wrote:Most of us are here because we’re trying to keep some spark of an idea from going out.

ChudFusk wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 11:48 am Israel could have done 9/11 and we’d still be giving them all our money
Some people think they did. Or at least, were involved.

In other news, the psycho that said UN forces should be carpet bombed and napalmed has resigned.

US political adviser resigns after calling for Israel to 'drop napalm' over Irish peacekeepers
Dave N. wrote:Most of us are here because we’re trying to keep some spark of an idea from going out.

Hex wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2024 11:45 am
Good to know that no matter who wins we get Republicans in office. I stg these assholes are trying to lose :/
Any righties on the council wont be called Republicans if they aren't Maga knee bent. If they are Maga supplicants why would want them on your council?

With Trump and Maga its either do what I say or you're the traitor to party, country, race, religion.

Curry Pervert wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 4:09 pm
ChudFusk wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 11:48 am Israel could have done 9/11 and we’d still be giving them all our money
Some people think they did. Or at least, were involved.

In other news, the psycho that said UN forces should be carpet bombed and napalmed has resigned.

US political adviser resigns after calling for Israel to 'drop napalm' over Irish peacekeepers
Where’s Clocker Bob when you need him.
clocker bob may 30, 2006 wrote:I think the possibility of interbreeding between an earthly species and an extraterrestrial species is as believable as any other explanation for the existence of George W. Bush.

handsbloodyhands wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2024 1:08 pm
Hex wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2024 11:45 am
Good to know that no matter who wins we get Republicans in office. I stg these assholes are trying to lose :/
Any righties on the council wont be called Republicans if they aren't Maga knee bent. If they are Maga supplicants why would want them on your council?

With Trump and Maga its either do what I say or you're the traitor to party, country, race, religion.
MAGA prefers "blood and soil."
We're headed for social anarchy when people start pissing on bookstores.

Gramsci wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2024 2:05 pm Where’s Clocker Bob when you need him.
I know this isn't a popular opinion, but I would like to see him back. He was overboard and too deep in the rabbithole sometimes, but always entertaining.

Curry Pervert wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2024 6:30 pm
Gramsci wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2024 2:05 pm Where’s Clocker Bob when you need him.
I know this isn't a popular opinion, but I would like to see him back. He was overboard and too deep in the rabbithole sometimes, but always entertaining.
You must have not seen the blog he kept after he left here. Dude went pretty much full Nazi even before the alt-right became a thing, and I somehow don't think he's de-radicalized any since then.