Re: Politics

Hex wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 3:22 pm I cannot watch a video on YouTube without seeing a transphobic political ad and I sincerely hope every asshole involved in the creation and platforming of them is shot in the fucking head and I hope more people advocate for it and I hope it happens. Holy shit I don’t know how much longer I can take this awful world
They are fucking out of control on TV here in Texas for the race b/w Ted Cruz and Collin Allred for Senate. I think about your comments whenever I see them.

One claims that the military under Allred forces transgender surgeries on children in the military.

I'm just cockeyed at the TV going "kids are in the military now?"

penningtron wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 3:17 pm A full-blown meltdown or stroke in the next week or so would sure be nice.
I think the chances of a stroke or heart attack are probably quite high, but people nearing their end often seem to have the ability to just hang on and keep all necessary organs functioning if they have something to fight for. Bear in mind that regardless of the likelihood of whether he will actually face prison time for any of his upcoming legal troubles, in his mind he has probably convinced himself that's where he's going if he loses.

If I was betting on it I would say the most likely time will be a few days after he loses the election, when his initial rage dies down and the inevitability of his loss truly hits home.

Having said that, if he decides to leave the country he could hold on a bit longer as that would give him fresh purpose.
Dave N. wrote:Most of us are here because we’re trying to keep some spark of an idea from going out.

Frankie99 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 4:23 pm One claims that the military under Allred forces transgender surgeries on children in the military.

I'm just cockeyed at the TV going "kids are in the military now?"
It's completely bonkers that this is where we are now. People have been comparing real life to idiocracy for a while now, but I think that's well in the rear view mirror at this point.
Dave N. wrote:Most of us are here because we’re trying to keep some spark of an idea from going out.

His whole doomsday-prophesizing is clear projection of what he expects in the event of a loss. That motherfucker should have been at Rikers Island decades ago.
We're headed for social anarchy when people start pissing on bookstores.

All this makes me wonder what his internal polls are showing, as this is the behavior of someone who isn’t confident.

And the anti-trans, anti-Haitian trash . . . Just fuck this guy, and fuck everyone who whines that “both of them are bad.”

I called him a fascist on Facebook a few months ago and a Trump-loving relative threw a fit. They all want fascism. They just don’t want you to hurt their feelings by calling them fascists.

dumbass wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 10:24 pm
both sides are trash and go fuck yourself and all imperialists
You really need to just go away. Like find another place to hang out.
Trey Wrote: "How great must a thread be to miss such a thing? Beans on the penis great, I suppose"