Re: What are you buying, What's on its way?

ChudFusk wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2024 1:18 pm
twelvepoint wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 1:44 pmShould I put it next to the 14 or do that one-floor-tom-on-each-side thing?
One on each side is much more versatile and playing them both at the same time feels like flying.
I moved the drums and tried this a little bit just now. It definitely feels a lot better and compact, thanks for the suggestion.
he/him/his

www.bostontypewriterorchestra.com

Re: What are you buying, What's on its way?

Welp. I bought another guitar. Saw a cheap Indio (Monoprice) blue finish/white pickguard Tele copy at my local Music-Go-Round and decided on it. It plays pretty decently (which may be more to do with my local MGR’s guitar tech and their work before their incoming guitars hit the sales rack). No pokey fret ends or anything weird like that.

I slapped a set of Gotoh locking tuners on it, as well as some replacement grub screws so that they’re not poking out of the bridge saddles, and am buying a couple more things for it—a set of compensated Gotoh saddles and a G&L ASAT Classic MFD Bridge Pickup. Considering how much I refuse to shut the fuck up about the MFDs in my ASAT Classic, this will hopefully get me in the ballpark of that guitar.

(Only thing I’m not looking forward to here is apparently, the MFDs may run a little deeper than their Fender counterparts, so I may have to drill out the cavity so it’ll fit.)
Formerly FM kazoozak. Guy in Fake Canadian.