New Nike Ad

Champion Rabbit wrote:
LIAM wrote:To set the record straight, Nike Skateboarding's "Major Threat" Tour poster was designed, executed and promoted by skateboarders, for skateboarders.

LIAM wrote:All of the Nike employees responsible for the creation of the tour flyer

Cock.

I've been anti-Nike as I read through this thread all the way, but I'm confused by "Cock". It is possible, and even likely, that the intersection of the set of skateboarders and the set of Nike employees has some members, and some of those people were the ones who created the flyer. It doesn't make it okay, but it's still pretty plausible.
Why do you make it so scary to post here.

New Nike Ad

Linus Van Pelt wrote:
Champion Rabbit wrote:
LIAM wrote:To set the record straight, Nike Skateboarding's "Major Threat" Tour poster was designed, executed and promoted by skateboarders, for skateboarders.

LIAM wrote:All of the Nike employees responsible for the creation of the tour flyer

Cock.

I've been anti-Nike as I read through this thread all the way, but I'm confused by "Cock". It is possible, and even likely, that the intersection of the set of skateboarders and the set of Nike employees has some members, and some of those people were the ones who created the flyer. It doesn't make it okay, but it's still pretty plausible.

That's my point.

Who gives a monkey's if the Nike employees skateboard? The relevant point is that they are Nike empoyees. The 'by skateboarders for skateboarders' is merely 'Please like us; we're just like you! Apart from the fact that we have a record of human-rights abuses...' crap.

German Nazi Party wrote:To set the record straight, the Nazi's death camps were designed, executed and promoted by a non pork-eater, for non pork-eaters.

New Nike Ad

Champion Rabbit wrote:
That's my point.

Who gives a monkey's if the Nike employees skateboard? The relevant point is that they are Nike empoyees. The 'by skateboarders for skateboarders' is merely 'Please like us; we're just like you! Apart from the fact that we have a record of human-rights abuses...' crap.

Got it. Your point wasn't "That can't be true!"; it was "So the fuck what?" Fair, and I agree.

German Nazi Party wrote:To set the record straight, the Nazi's death camps were designed, executed and promoted by a non pork-eater, for non pork-eaters.

Hitler'd!!!
Why do you make it so scary to post here.

New Nike Ad

Anyone who claims to be a fan should have listened to Minor Threat, and know what Dischord is about. Anyone who listened to Minor Threat and knows what Dischord is about would never put that image in an ad. Therefore, anyone who claims to be a fan of Minor Threat would never put that image in an ad.

Modus ponens bitches!

New Nike Ad

Peripatetic wrote:http://ilx.wh3rd.net/thread.php?msgid=5942033#unread

Peripatetic!

These album covers are so great. I will post one.

Most of them, also so great. David Bowie and the V8. Metallica and the Texas electric chair. R.E.M. and the Hamm's bear. Kraftwerk and Olan Mills. So great, all of them.

So great, Peripatetic.