Chciago People: Beverly?

Beverly is just like most southside neighborhoods. There just really isn't a whole lot going on. It's a good place for families or people who are content with their local tavern and maybe driving to the mall to see a movie now and again. But, that's about it.

As for it being "very white" or there being any "tensions," I'm not so sure on how true that is anymore. The neighborhoods in that area seem to be diversifying a bit. I think it's been primarily white because the homes are nicer but there are more African-American professionals that I see coming into my library (I work not too far from there) who live in Beverly or near-by, so I suspect it's starting to change a bit. But, don't quote me on that!

hellyes!! wrote:Beverly is just like most southside neighborhoods. There just really isn't a whole lot going on. It's a good place for families or people who are content with their local tavern and maybe driving to the mall to see a movie now and again. But, that's about it.

As for it being "very white" or there being any "tensions," I'm not so sure on how true that is anymore. The neighborhoods in that area seem to be diversifying a bit. I think it's been primarily white because the homes are nicer but there are more African-American professionals that I see coming into my library (I work not too far from there) who live in Beverly or near-by, so I suspect it's starting to change a bit. But, don't quote me on that!

Too late!
it's not the length, it's the gersch

El Protoolio wrote:
hellyes!! wrote:Beverly is just like most southside neighborhoods. There just really isn't a whole lot going on. It's a good place for families or people who are content with their local tavern and maybe driving to the mall to see a movie now and again. But, that's about it.

Too late!

ahhh, ya got me! :D