Upcoming shows in the Pacific Northwest

Tuolumne wrote:Thanks for starting this thread. Hopefully it'll encourage me to get out more (I'm old with kids). Unfortunately I'm out of town when Sleep is in Portland. Although they are playing Holy Mountain and I prefer Dopesmoker...I guess this could be considered a secret of some kind (?), but although they are definitely playing Holy Mountain... i know for a fact it's a two hour set and they've also been practicing most of Dopesmoker. Just sayin'.Also those Sleep shirts look god damn amazing, and I can say that having seen them in person. A-MAZ-ING.Just as amazing as The Bismarck and Dog Shredder were on the tour that I just played. Pac NW is currently bringing it... absolutely heart broken that I missed Helms Alee.
Yes it's true, I am made from atoms.

Hey! People of the PacNW (Bellingham specifically)!Go see my friends in Ugly Winner on October 27! They are playing Contra House at around 8pm. These guys are from my hometown of San Jose, CA and make really rad noises that have a Wipers/Wire/Pavement feel to them. Their bassist books a lot of rad shows at his house and I believe is single-handedly responsible for saving the local scene from being home to a bunch of heavy metal douchebags.Go see them.

Cool, thanks Conan. Gotta get my vacation in sometime, though. I am going to be in the SF area around the same time they're at the Regency and it looks like they added a 2nd show, so that's a possibility. It always seems that I miss at least 2 or 3 awesome shows whenever I leave Portland. It wasn't like that here even just a few years ago. I can't believe how many venues have sprung up in the last 9 years that I've been here.
2 Allah Me

starbird wrote:lemur68 wrote:I'll be out there for the first two weeks of September, so I'll be following this thread.Sweet! You should trek down to Portland if you're feeling so inclined.....Sleep is playing Musicfest (http://www.musicfestnw.com)I'll be down there sometime next week (in Seattle now and heading to Vancouver on Thursday), maybe catching Baroness and maybe also Shonen Knife. I fly out of SEA late the 11th, so no Sleep for me (either in Portland or on the plane).
tocharian wrote:Cheese fries vs nonexistence. Duh.

A few shows this coming week.....Thursday, October 14th @ Rendezvous, Seattle, WAVia Vengeance (AZ). VV is one of my bands. He's a one man band who plays guitar and drums simultaneously with no loop pedals and such. Straight up awesome doomy-ish stuff. You'll probably like him if you like Godflesh too.Friday, October 15th - Dog Shredder @ Ash St. Saloon, PortlandI book for Dog Shredder. Yes, their name may be awful but the band is phenomenal. Technical, proggy and slightly thrashy. You'll like them if you like Dysrhythmia or YES; they do an awesome cover of Heart of the Sunrise