Re: Interesting Gear Developments Thread

Look out for the 541 "Blackfire" model, which is all black. I believe the Blackfire or Black Fire series was Sennheiser's way around some distro exclusivity terms for a time. Like the BFs would have been sold at say Guitar Center, whereas the MD441s wouldn't.

I don't want to end up getting my ass handed to me for saying "oh yeah they're functionally identical" if they're deeply electronically different from the 441s, or vice versa. But that you often see the all-black 541s incorrectly listed as 441s suggests they're somewhat interchangeable (those listings won't be the deals, likely, unless you alert the seller and so on).
active things: Belonging, These Estates, Spruce Island

Re: Interesting Gear Developments Thread

twelvepoint wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:50 am
Mason wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:36 am "Gamechanger Audio Is Making a Bigsby Pitch-Bending Pedal" (Reverb.com)
lmao

I want to roll my eyes, but the act of rolling my eyes will remind me of the frictionless glide of a beautiful Bigsby vibrato and I'll end up buying one of these.
Imagine getting this and bolting it to an actual guitar?
Which makes me think of the CSGuitars video where he inlaid a functional Metal Zone into a cheap BC Rich guitar.
Total_douche, MSW, LICSW (lulz)