Re: Studio Flooring

scrotescape wrote: that does not look like a good choice for wet locations, it appears to be made of sawdust
i just replaced mushy laminate with tile in a bathroom
I agree w/ this too. It looks like some sort of MDF close-up on those corners. Would not in a basement, but again, lived in the midwest my whole life and a 100% dry basement is as rare as hen's teeth.

twelvepoint wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:09 am Is it possible to still just patch the chips on the perimeter, then paint the patches, and seal the whole thing? How bad would that look once you have amps and shelving in, and a couple rugs on the floor?
Yeah, this is where I am landing now; patching the perimeter and sealing. I am looking at this combo encapsulant primer / paint ; https://perfectprimer.com/product/perfectpaint/

Expensive, but it's appealing to be done in one shot plus have some piece of mind that there is protection.

And Thanks @bishopdante for the advice on scrap hardwood,acoustics, trenches, and isolation. Much to consider here. Browsing the local craigslist for surplus flooring now...If I were to float a LVT or Laminate floor over the encapsulated tile, any other affordable / easy-for-DIY'er underlay options to isolate the floor vibrations from the walls? That consideration makes sense and maybe means the ability to work a little later into the night!

its too small a space to warrant the wireway/trenches, and you'd lose volume/headroom --malcolm chisolm had a plan for this, but it needed a much larger room

a lattice could be suspended overhead to allow cable runs, industrial communications install technique of 'ring 'route' is practical

anybody use cork tiles? I'm considering this for slab-on-grade flooring

I like the rugs idea, seepage/moisture is ever more a concern-- rugs can be removed and dried or replaced easily, an expensive install could be destroyed bad sewer back-up