Sudoku
Total votes: 1 (5%)
Wordle
Total votes: 4 (20%)
Spelling Bee (NY Times)
Total votes: 1 (5%)
Total votes: 20

Re: Daily puzzle dome

NYT Crossword is my main jam. I generally finish every daily puzzle. Monday takes about 10 minutes. Sunday is usually an hour and a half or two.

Wordle is too quick. That's usually a 3-5 minute wake up exercise in the morning.

I have good days and bad days with Spelling Bee. Some days I give up out of boredom halfway to 'Genius' and other days I'm there through the bitter end of trying to hit Queen Bee and 45+ words.

quordle (fairly difficult, at least to me as a non-english speaker) and waffle (very/too simple but also fun) are my favorites now. I never liked crosswords and are not good at them either (yes, there may be *some* correlation there), a difficult sudoku used to rule when I had more free time to spend on these things but now when it's mostly something I do during coffe breaks at work or on the tram/bus or whatever, I have stopped doing these since I want to finish in one sitting and not have the experience broken up over time (another issue I have with crosswords)

Kind of tangential but any of y'all ever play the card game Quiddler? It's like playing Gin but making words. Cards have one or two letters, I think really one phoneme on each. The easier to play ones are worth fewer points the harder are worth more but if someone goes out and you're stuck holding cards that don't make a word yet, they cost you. Super fun, obviously different genre but there's a "for fans of" element that made me wonder.

Wood Goblin wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:24 pm
twelvepoint wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:07 pm Times crossword for sure. I can generally hang with it til Thursday but Fri/Sat is too hard
Same here. I’ll often try the Friday, but it’s rare to get through it without cheating.
Lately, I’ve been skipping Monday and Tuesday and starting with Wednesday. I’ve gotten to the point when I can sometimes solve a Friday or Saturday without cheating. Not always. Just sometimes.

Of the quick games, I like Connections.

I did today’s NYT in under 16 minutes somewhere over the Pacific Ocean.
That’s how it goes sometimes because the answers are so long on Saturday and Friday. Lots of small words leave more room for error.
This Friday had me stumped though. I think it’s the Italian word in 48.
I usually get genius on spelling bee & mom will chime in with 4 or 5 I missed. Then I read the hints and by that time I lose interest. But again, today I’m stumped on the pangram somehow.