Re: PRFBBQ 2024 - CHICAGO - JULY 18-21

ChudFusk wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 2:19 pm I really want to go to this, but I don't know if I can make it through a weekend of sadness and love and togetherness without wanting to drink just to join in what is likely to be a very emotional get-together. Maybe things will feel different by then, I dunno. Excuse my meandering post, just putting my thoughts out as they come.
If there’s one thing I know about this forum, it’s that you will be included and your choices supported unconditionally. Self care seems like a powerful act of remembrance.

matttkkkk wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 7:25 pm
ChudFusk wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 2:19 pm I really want to go to this, but I don't know if I can make it through a weekend of sadness and love and togetherness without wanting to drink just to join in what is likely to be a very emotional get-together. Maybe things will feel different by then, I dunno. Excuse my meandering post, just putting my thoughts out as they come.
If there’s one thing I know about this forum, it’s that you will be included and your choices supported unconditionally. Self care seems like a powerful act of remembrance.
This is very true. Unlike the past, there are a good number of us sober folk at all our get "events". I honestly believe that if people saw me taking a drink I'd get talked to, if not have it knocked out my hand. Most everyone seems to maintain a reasonable level of decorum, and respects and supports us non-partakers choices. There's ALWAYS a huge variety of NA choices. I'd love to see you Chud, it's been ages.
Anthony Flack wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:05 pm kiss Joe Manchin's coal mine

PASTA wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 8:17 pm
This is very true. Unlike the past, there are a good number of us sober folk at all our get "events". I honestly believe that if people saw me taking a drink I'd get talked to, if not have it knocked out my hand. Most everyone seems to maintain a reasonable level of decorum, and respects and supports us non-partakers choices. There's ALWAYS a huge variety of NA choices. I'd love to see you Chud, it's been ages.
90% of us are either raging alcoholics or recovering raging alcoholics, and there's even room for the 10% of us who buy a six-pack once every nine months and take a week to finish it.

joe_lmr wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 12:18 am

90% of us are either raging alcoholics or recovering raging alcoholics, and there's even room for the 10% of us who buy a six-pack once every nine months and take a week to finish it.
A truer words are rarely spoken
Anthony Flack wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:05 pm kiss Joe Manchin's coal mine

Is it fair just to assume the BBQ is going to morph into a total PRF reunion/SA memorial weekend? We have not heard anything official from the organizers yet. The bands were just solidified, the venue has changed and a lot of work has already been put in. We might want to take a sec before just barging in like that. It’s a tough question to wrestle with.
https://instagram.com/homo_nyms_?igshid ... c2ODk2ZA==
https://slowdownmercury.bandcamp.com/

turnbullac wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 2:38 am Is it fair just to assume the BBQ is going to morph into a total PRF reunion/SA memorial weekend? We have not heard anything official from the organizers yet. The bands were just solidified, the venue has changed and a lot of work has already been put in. We might want to take a sec before just barging in like that. It’s a tough question to wrestle with.
iif you are here now, you are us. nobody is barging in.

if this happens, and i hope it does, then it will of course be an intense outpouring of emotion. how could it not. even in the best circumstances, it is a super intense weekend.

i swear if terminal orchestra plays i may not be able to handle it.

Hi all,

There's nothing "set" yet. Not to speak for the other organizers, but I'm still in a weird shock/grief/shock pattern that is taking some time to make my way through. Ultimately, anything we do I'd like to be right by Heather/the EA staff, so we need some time to regroup and give it a think.

When we decide how we're going to proceed, we'll make sure that everyone is in the loop.

-nm
Jazz Titan/Ruthie Cohen

Current -
Future Living / Daddy's Boy / Blank Banker / Solo

Fomer -
Hungry Man / No Trust / Retreaters

joe_lmr wrote:
matttkkkk wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 7:25 pm If there’s one thing I know about this forum, it’s that you will be included and your choices supported unconditionally. Self care seems like a powerful act of remembrance.
If I can make it to Chicago in July, I'd be happy to buy a case or two of seltzer. Hell, if I can't make it to Chicago in July, I'd be happy to throw money at someone picking up a case or two of seltzer.