Re: Design a new Illinois flag. (Contest opens September 3, closes October 18.)

zorg wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 1:43 pm
eephus wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 12:33 pm Maybe we will end up with some decent-looking license plates as a result...
God yes, the stock IL plates are the absolute worst in the nation. Old and new.
Yes they're horrible. The only acceptable ones are livery, class B and D trucks, the White Sox plate...the rest are really bad, just terrible emaciated fonts and trying to wedge Lincoln's mug, the uninspiring silhouette of Illinois, and/or a dumb, blocky version of the Chicago skyline into the background.

Alaska is the best. Colorado. Montana has many hideous options but the stock blue Treasure State one rules. It's not that hard.

A friend of mine got very interested in flag design, and ended up designing a flag for the city of Bellingham, WA that became officially adopted by the city (the first in the city's history).

He goes into all the symbolism behind it at the link below, and has also done a redesigned WA state flag since our state flag is a stupid seal of George Washington which come the fuck on please.

https://lariatcreative.com/filter/flagd ... lag-Design

Bellingham:
Washington:
Band: www.bracketsseattle.bandcamp.com
Old band: www.burnpermits.bandcamp.com
Older band: www.policeteeth.bandcamp.com

cakes wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 11:53 am
Krev wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 10:53 am I wish that Washington would go back to the old style plates.
I kinda miss the old blue and white Illinois plates. When they switched to the faint prints and cursives, they look soft and the printing junky. Give me bold, solid colors. Fuck, make it blue with white text.
My home state of Massachusetts had the most basic plates ever.
We're headed for social anarchy when people start pissing on bookstores.