STP

crap
Total votes: 67 (75%)
not crap
Total votes: 22 (25%)
Total votes: 89

Band: Stone Temple Pilots

I just spent the last thirty minutes on youtube trying to find the STP song I thought liked only to discover that I was delusional and there is no STP song I liked. There's a good bridge in one.

Eh, it's not that good.

So twice in the last month I've spent time out of my life listening to STP and the Beastie Boys because I somehow started doubting decades of experience with this garbage. My wife bought me Grapes of Wrath and it's collecting dust because I felt I had to find the good STP song. These are the kind of decisions that make me doubt my ability to manage my life.

..and this thread is still going?

STP are unnoteworthy* rubbish.

* I just looked up this word to see if it really existed and the internet gave me this list of words which can also be applied to Stone Temple Pilots:

boiler plate, characterless, chestnut, clichéd, colorless, conventional, corn, customary, familiar, familiar tune, garden, garden variety, hackneyed, humdrum, lowly, mainstream, matter-of-course, mediocre, middling, mundane, natural, normal, obvious, ordinary, pedestrian, plebian, prevalent, prosaic, stale, starch, stereotyped, threadbare, trite, typical, uneventful, unexceptional, uninteresting, unnoteworthy, vanilla, widespread, workaday

I just can't believe this thread's got this far without anyone suggesting that The Stone Temple Pilots are elegant bachelors, they're foxy to me - are they foxy to you?

I just felt someone should do it.
Rick Reuben wrote:
daniel robert chapman wrote:I think he's gone to bed, Rick.
He went to bed about a decade ago, or whenever he sold his soul to the bankers and the elites.

STP are plain crap. Not "crap, but fun and radiofriendly" way, but "crap to the point the fact they ever existed is disturbing". Plus, what is up with singer's stage antics? His uhm "dancing" is equally hard to watch as STP music is hard to listen to.. so that even makes sense. CRAP.

The "they have a good one chord, and I'm not joking" post made me laugh out loud. But yeah, that chord progression from the song "Plush" could have worked...in a different song written by a different band with a different singer.

I forgout about Puddle of Mud and that other band.. Nickelback. Jesus Christ, they were (are?) so bad.

Now, Pearl Jam's s/t (Avocado). I just put this album on, and it's exaclty how I remembered it to be: decent, and really good at times. Now, this is radiofriendly and fun to listen to. As for Mark Prindle, I love the guy, but he is SO off when it comes to last PJ albums. Riot Act was so bad someone would have to pay me if I was ever going to listent to it again and I'm not joking. It was simply dreadfull, while the last one is about 5 times better, which doesn't make it great, but enjoyable for sure.

I forgot about Tiny Music.... That one's pretty good.

Core was a dump, but they got away from that pretty quickly. They're totally more of a glam/trash rock band. Alice in Chains was all downer goat rock. PJ...well they just take themselves too seriously. STP are just ridiculous. Sorta like a modern version of The Doors- capable musicians, hedonistic frontman, bad, bad lyrics.
Tiny Monk site and blog

Bradley R. Weissenberger wrote:
tmidgett wrote:that new nickelback song, 'figured you out,' that's an abomination for you

Nickelback's "Figured You Out" features this couplet:

I like the freckles on your chest /
I like the way you like me best

Who can I contact to do something about this?

Dammit, I totally loathe Nickleback. I hate that shithead's voice, his stupid lyrics, their muddy souless music.

Dammit, my hackles have been raised. This is one band that should never existed, much less played over and over again on the radio.
http://www.myspace.com/vanvranken

emmanuelle cunt wrote:STP are plain crap. Not "crap, but fun and radiofriendly" way, but "crap to the point the fact they ever existed is disturbing". Plus, what is up with singer's stage antics? His uhm "dancing" is equally hard to watch as STP music is hard to listen to.. so that even makes sense. CRAP.

The "they have a good one chord, and I'm not joking" post made me laugh out loud. But yeah, that chord progression from the song "Plush" could have worked...in a different song written by a different band with a different singer.

I forgout about Puddle of Mud and that other band.. Nickelback. Jesus Christ, they were (are?) so bad.

Now, Pearl Jam's s/t (Avocado). I just put this album on, and it's exaclty how I remembered it to be: decent, and really good at times. Now, this is radiofriendly and fun to listen to. As for Mark Prindle, I love the guy, but he is SO off when it comes to last PJ albums. Riot Act was so bad someone would have to pay me if I was ever going to listent to it again and I'm not joking. It was simply dreadfull, while the last one is about 5 times better, which doesn't make it great, but enjoyable for sure.

no he is right avacado is fucking disgraceful. i still loved pj up to that lp. no i dont as much - severed hand, gone, inside job, big wave are all fucking shit. the lyrics are so bad they make me feel sick. crap riffs. this band is capable of last exit, parting ways, brain of j etc. even riot act had 1 or 2 good songs bad as it was. you are a failure liking this lp.
a sense of history