Pitch me a movie

sphincter wrote:How about a film about Jesus. There aren't enough films about Jesus, not enough good ones anyway.

Jesus? That train has left, my man. If you would have came at me 2 years ago I may have been interested. Jesus is not hot right now.
Bring me something with chickens, don't ask me why but I think chickens are really gonna break big this year

fantasmatical thorr wrote:Hey, what about a flick about a bunch of 20-40 yr olds who spend all day at their shitty temp jobs/recording studios and slack off on the prf.
It could be like one of those films where there's 5 scenarios and no-one has realised their connection yet. OMG. they know each other in real life too but have kept their internet obssession a secret!

The soundtrack must be from the '80s, witty like Clerks and deep like Slackers.

People will compare it to that film from that book by Nick Hornby with dickface in it. The PRF will be annoyed. Bad Comrade will be played by King of Queens. Itchy by his on-screen wife. I haven't thought any further.

That was completely off the top of my head.

Ok go with it, sounds cheap.
I need some ideas as to who you see playing some of the other forum members.
You may have something here, like one of those 21 grams or Babel type of things...maybe we can even get that Mexican dude to direct it....you know who I'm talking about, what's his face...
Ok, get back to me on some casting ideas and a rough outline of the script and we'll see if we can get this fucker rolling.
Rick Reuben wrote:Marsupialized reminds me of freedom

Pitch me a movie

I've always thought that a cool idea for a movie would be to have twenty or thirty people speak into a camera for about five minutes each. During each five-minute segment, the person would describe his version of a controversial even which has taken place in the public sphere. This could be anything from an administration starting a war to the debate on abortion to a big trial such as O.J. Simpson's.

The key would be to spread out the various sorts of people who would give their versions of the event. So you would have both rich and poor people, both black and white, both gay and straight, religious and atheist, etc. Instead of coloring our perception of what people have to say, as the mass media does, this avenue would allow normal people to display their own personalities without the pressure to adhere to canned public standards of speech or propriety.

The interest would lie in trying to deduce from the person's assessment his general character traits, and in trying to read between the lines, looking past the literal narrative he is giving and discovering what his words unintentionally say about him. And, to take it to a more abstract level, this will in turn lead to the discovery of what his perspective says about the social milieu in which he was raised. Almost everyone has something to teach you if you listen closely enough.

It would be like walking all around America and getting a bite-sized version of it.
Gay People Rock

Pitch me a movie

NerblyBear wrote:I've always thought that a cool idea for a movie would be to have twenty or thirty people speak into a camera for about five minutes each. During each five-minute segment, the person would describe his version of a controversial even which has taken place in the public sphere. This could be anything from an administration starting a war to the debate on abortion to a big trial such as O.J. Simpson's.

The key would be to spread out the various sorts of people who would give their versions of the event. So you would have both rich and poor people, both black and white, both gay and straight, religious and atheist, etc. Instead of coloring our perception of what people have to say, as the mass media does, this avenue would allow normal people to display their own personalities without the pressure to adhere to canned public standards of speech or propriety.

The interest would lie in trying to deduce from the person's assessment his general character traits, and in trying to read between the lines, looking past the literal narrative he is giving and discovering what his words unintentionally say about him. And, to take it to a more abstract level, this will in turn lead to the discovery of what his perspective says about the social milieu in which he was raised. Almost everyone has something to teach you if you listen closely enough.

It would be like walking all around America and getting a bite-sized version of it.

Are you sure you are in the right office?

Pitch me a movie

It's called Mall, and it consists of a series of uninterrupted shots, 10 minutes each, from a stationary camera set up somewhere in a busy shopping mall. First 10 minutes: Tokyo. Second 10 minutes: Australia. Third 10 minutes: a bazaar in Morocco. Fourth 10 minutes: Mall of America. Fifth 10 minutes: somewhere in India. You get the idea. Maybe no sound, just silence. Maybe it's an Imax movie. Or maybe it's a 24-hour cable channel.

Pitch me a movie

I don't mean this as a joke, I seriously think this would work if it was done right.

Sometime in the future Big Business starts to develop a race of Robots to serve mankind, you know, to facilitate the everyday tasks. Naturally, during programming, something goes drastically wrong. Somehow the programming software got interfaced with an "oldies" radio transmission and the only words the robots can speak are the lyrics to the two refrains in Men At Work's 1982 superhit "Down Under". Worse yet, they are savage, murderous Robots. And it gets really gory. Like they violently stab, and smash skulls, there's blood everywhere, all the while with their emotionless robot faces that are sing-speaking:

"We come from a land down under.
Where women glow and men plunder?
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?
You better run, you better take cover."

By the thousands, they chant this lofty melody while hunting down the entire human race.

Imagine from a distance, this sound, cacophonous and terrifying, getting louder and louder as they march the hillside towards the last survivors.

Pitch me a movie

Flaneur wrote:It's called Mall, and it consists of a series of uninterrupted shots, 10 minutes each, from a stationary camera set up somewhere in a busy shopping mall. First 10 minutes: Tokyo. Second 10 minutes: Australia. Third 10 minutes: a bazaar in Morocco. Fourth 10 minutes: Mall of America. Fifth 10 minutes: somewhere in India. You get the idea. Maybe no sound, just silence. Maybe it's an Imax movie. Or maybe it's a 24-hour cable channel.

As stupid an idea this is, I think someone already did this.
Who exactly wants to watch such a thing besides maybe mental patients is beyond me.

JDanger wrote:I don't mean this as a joke, I seriously think this would work if it was done right.

Sometime in the future Big Business starts to develop a race of Robots to serve mankind, you know, to facilitate the everyday tasks. Naturally, during programming, something goes drastically wrong. Somehow the programming software got interfaced with an "oldies" radio transmission and the only words the robots can speak are the lyrics to the two refrains in Men At Work's 1982 superhit "Down Under". Worse yet, they are savage, murderous Robots. And it gets really gory. Like they violently stab, and smash skulls, there's blood everywhere, all the while with their emotionless robot faces that are sing-speaking:

"We come from a land down under.
Where women glow and men plunder?
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?
You better run, you better take cover."

By the thousands, they chant this lofty melody while hunting down the entire human race.

Imagine from a distance, this sound, cacophonous and terrifying, getting louder and louder as they march the hillside towards the last survivors.

I suppose we could make it some kind of send up of old b movies, like that Grindhouse bullshit....wait, Grindhouse didn't make any fucking money and was a fucking chore to sit through!
No matter because robots killing people is out, robots haven't been hot in years. Zombies were big for a few years, but even that's over.
I honestly don't know what'll hit next but I'm fairly certain it ain't fucking robots.
Jesus, there must be a gas leak in the waiting room or something, nothing but horseshit today.
Ok, come up with something different for me...something I haven't seen killing people before and if it grabs me I'll see what I can do.
Actually, I had this idea pitched to me awhile back and maybe we can use some of this script of yours after all....
Remember that movie Short Circuit? With the nice robot that helped people? Johnny 5 or whatever?
Say we buy the rights to it, which we can....and we have Johnny 5 go nuts and start killing people in this new one...
It starts all nice and normal but at some point he goes batshit and starts chopping people up....the people who grew up watching the original will eat it up, people will be talking about it.....major press....I've always wanted to move on it but never did...maybe we can use some of this thing here you wrote for it....
I figure if it works we can do it for a whole series of older movies people grew up on, just take them and totally fuck with them make Bill and Ted into serial killers stuff like that...
Leave the script here and I'll get back to you

NEXT!