Re: Finding a job sucks thread

Garth wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 12:55 pm Welp. As of 1:30 pm ET I have joined the club.

Anyone looking for a IT Help Desk manager, slide into PMs I guess.
Oh jeez. I'm so sorry, Garth! If you were inclined to stay in tech, I can recommend checking out the monthly Hacker News thread listing positions. Many of them are developer-oriented, but there's still variety. And it's not unusual for startups to list non-development positions here: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=40224213. (New thread gets posted on the first business day of the month.)
snwv | streak.club | weekly beats | twitch

Been unemployed, by choice, since late last August. Had two really shitty experiences at my two last jobs, have been bullied and insulted on a personal level, have been mobbed as well.

I have reported both instances to the higher authorities and demanded court reparations in both cases. Have sued and have won both cases in court, got some financial satisfaction from it, but the psychological consequences have stuck with me the whole time now.

It has coincided with the death of my father, so I haven't really taken myself to task to find a new job this whole time. I had some money saved up, and I'm living from that well, but this will dry up sooner rather than later.

Still can't make myself go to a job interview ATM.

I am sorry for all of your job loss. Hope you find one soon.
Nothing major here. Just a regular EU cock. I pull it out and there is beans all over my penis. Bean shells all over my penis...

Garth wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 1:58 pm 16 years w the same company too. I imagine my skill set is so atrophied as ive been focused on being a people lead i dont know if its even worth the bother trying to stay in tech.
Damn, that's awful. Sorry to hear this. I would say your experience means something, especially if you were leading people. Don't fret!

cakes wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 3:31 pm
Garth wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 1:58 pm 16 years w the same company too. I imagine my skill set is so atrophied as ive been focused on being a people lead i dont know if its even worth the bother trying to stay in tech.
Damn, that's awful. Sorry to hear this. I would say your experience means something, especially if you were leading people. Don't fret!
Another thing to think about is that a lot of jobs like this have gone remote, so if you happen to live in an area where they can pay you a lower salary than in a coastal city, you might be an attractive candidate. LinkedIn and Indeed are searchable using "remote" as a filter, I believe.
Formerly LouisSandwich and LotharSandwich, but I can never recover passwords somehow.

Got terminated from my old job back in mid-April, and today I had my first interview.

It went well. I prepared like a madman, and I was semi-stumped on one question, but at least got some of it right.

I was going to give a 40-minute technical talk yesterday, but that got pushed to this upcoming Wednesday (the hiring manager was out sick).

The 4 engineers who interviewed me thought I was a really, really good match to the requisition. I now have a really good feeling about this.

Word to the wise (or at least to those who are actually employed): Take time to journal. It's a pain in the ass but boy I regret not doing it and now trying to recap 16 years of experience of everything I did is a challenge.

Just jot down a recap of what you did that day or throughout the day that you can review later. More importantly, keep it in a place you can still access it if say you wake up one day and find yourself unexpectedly unemployed.