Little details from your day

Ever have one of those days where you have all this shit scheduled one thing right after the other, and it all ends up getting canceled? That's been my day today. Depending upon what gets canceled, I usually end up happy about that, because I wake up in the morning thinking about all the shit I have to run around and do, but as things get canceled I realize I can just go home and do nothing after work for the first time in several days.

I might just kind of stare at a wall or something for a little while tonight. It's going to be sweet.

Today, I was in the lobby of our building and getting into the elevator to go up when I noticed a guy rushing to make the elevator like he was in a badass hurry.

I held the "door open" button for him and he thanked me. I pressed the '12' button and he hit '18' and immediately began frantically punching numbers into his cell phone.

As I was exiting the elevator at the 12th floor, I heard him say "Hey - I'm coming up the elevator now - be there in a second - OK bye."

That he waited until he was fully inside the elevator (where one usually doesn't expect to get reception anyhow) to begin dialing to telephone to announce his imminent arrival, then still bothering to follow through to make that announcement with only 6 more floors of elevator ride left to go, just struck me as really silly.
My mind, it's a terrible diskette.

I shot a Ruger 10/22 rifle tonight. I have a lot of mixed feelings about it. One of my former students took me to the range. She's an ex-military somethingorother (amongst other things) named Shinae. She rules.

I was pretty apprehensive about my skills, since I am a klutz. Luckily there were people on the range wearing stilettos and such (don't get me started) so I was compelled to do better than them.

The first target was flipped to the white side, just so I could get a feeling for the gun.

This is my second target:

This is my third.

I was told I had good "grouping" and I was confused when I got a target back that only had six holes in it...until Shinae showed me that I had actually shot more than one round through some of the holes!

I shot 50 rounds in total. I met some cool guys, including the priest that runs the mission on 7th and Ave. A (I think that's where he said it is)

The priest was shooting a Colt from 1911. Hot damn.
I make music/I also make pretty pictures

burun wrote:I shot a Ruger 10/22 rifle tonight. I have a lot of mixed feelings about it. One of my former students took me to the range. She's an ex-military somethingorother (amongst other things) named Shinae. She rules.

I was pretty apprehensive about my skills, since I am a klutz. Luckily there were people on the range wearing stilettos and such (don't get me started) so I was compelled to do better than them.

The first target was flipped to the white side, just so I could get a feeling for the gun.

This is my second target:

This is my third.

I was told I had good "grouping" and I was confused when I got a target back that only had six holes in it...until Shinae showed me that I had actually shot more than one round through some of the holes!

I shot 50 rounds in total. I met some cool guys, including the priest that runs the mission on 7th and Ave. A (I think that's where he said it is)

The priest was shooting a Colt from 1911. Hot damn.

kickass.

I really like the 10/22. I have owned two of them.

the 1911, however, is my favorite pistol ever. EVER.
Redline wrote:Not Crap. The sound of death? The sound of FUN! ScrrreeEEEEEEE