The Gear Liquidation Thread

TomWanderer wrote:I recently had this issue after replacing the belt on one of my 488s, it turned out the capstan hub wasn't seated properly. After replacing the belt, every time I pressed play it would only engage momentarily. I think it did this because the capstan motor shuts off if it meets resistance. Can you tell if the capstan motor and hub are spinning (idling) with the machine on but no playback buttons pressed? Mine wasn't and eventually I gave the capstan hub a tiny nudge when the capstan motor should have been idling and is shifted ever so slightly and came back to life. Issue was the same as yours where ff and rewind worked fine, this only affects play and rec. Might be worth a try!Both of my 424 mk I do this intermittently. Same thing. Any resistance and it shuts off immediately. Extreme humidity variations seem to affect this as well. Both worked recently when I tracked with them.

I recently had this issue after replacing the belt on one of my 488s, it turned out the capstan hub wasn't seated properly. After replacing the belt, every time I pressed play it would only engage momentarily. I think it did this because the capstan motor shuts off if it meets resistance. Can you tell if the capstan motor and hub are spinning (idling) with the machine on but no playback buttons pressed? Mine wasn't and eventually I gave the capstan hub a tiny nudge when the capstan motor should have been idling and is shifted ever so slightly and came back to life. Issue was the same as yours where ff and rewind worked fine, this only affects play and rec. Might be worth a try!

Diago Showman pedal board/case75x35cm internally. You know what these things look like but here's a load of pics:https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 359788435/Bought on EBay and the seller described it as the wrong type (I was looking for the smaller Gigman size). Pretty much as-new. Some scrapes on the outer case from loading it into a van.These are 140 new so looking for 75 or so.Or a straight trade on the Gigman size if you have one.I'm in Nottingham, UK
Rick Reuben wrote:We're all sensitive people
With so much love to give, understand me sugar
Since we got to be... Lets say, I love you

Make me an offer. Stubbed my fucking toe on it 3 times yesterday and it needs to go.honeyisfunny wrote:Diago Showman pedal board/case75x35cm internally. You know what these things look like but here's a load of pics:https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 359788435/Bought on EBay and the seller described it as the wrong type (I was looking for the smaller Gigman size). Pretty much as-new. Some scrapes on the outer case from loading it into a van.These are 140 new so looking for 75 or so.Or a straight trade on the Gigman size if you have one.I'm in Nottingham, UK
Rick Reuben wrote:We're all sensitive people
With so much love to give, understand me sugar
Since we got to be... Lets say, I love you

Clearing out some things, let me know if the prices don't look right. The drum stuff was part of my second kit kept at my guitarists and seldom used, I decided I can bring cymbals and snare back and forth the few times a year we practice there. The cymbals do have some keyholing but it's all been stable in the years I've had this stuff.Ludwig Black Magic 5x15 Snare - 250 + shipping for PRFershttps://newjersey.craigslist.org/msg/d/ ... 26819.htmlCymbals - prices do not include shipping but if you're buying multiple we can work something out.Zildjian 21 rock ride 110$Zildjian 20 ping ride 100$Paiste 2002 20 crash 160$Zildjian 15 hi hats - 120$https://newjersey.craigslist.org/msg/d/ ... 21633.htmlAlso have these things from earlier in this thread - the finger genius wrote:Balls Effects Buzz Balls $115 shipped in the USI won this at the PRF NYC auction this year, and it's awesome, but there's a lot of overlap with a couple other fuzz pedals I had built and this should go to someone who's going to use it more. Hasn't been gigged, this thing is really sweet. In like new condition, but let me know if you want some pics.Sansamp GT 2 - 85$ shipped in the USCosmetically this thing looks rough, several spots where the paint's come off, scratches, etc... but it works and sounds great. I'm using a Boxidizer these days and don't really need another preamp pedal.

I've decided I'm content with my Emperor 2x12, so I'm selling my Orange 40th Anniversary limited edition 4x12. Orange made 440 of these in 2008 for their 40th anniversary. 16 ohms, 120 watts handling. It has four Celestion G12H30 speakers as opposed to most other Orange cabs which have Vintage 30's. It has some scars from being hauled around in vans over the last few years, but it's overall in really good shape and it sounds awesome with any amp I've run through it.Asking $700, or $650 if you come pick it up in Kenosha, WI. It weighs over 100 lbs., so I'm not willing to ship it, sorry. But I will deliver anywhere in the Chicago or Milwaukee metro areas.I'm also very interested in trades, specifically for any of the following:-Fender 68 Custom Deluxe, Vibrolux or Twin Reverb-Fender Baja Telecaster-Strymon El Capistan ($300 trade value)-Boss RE20 Space Echo ($200 trade value)-Gibson SG Special with P90's