start=2340">UK General Election 2015 In 2015 I will be voting for:

Looks like Leon Brittan's off to that massive sex party in the sky then. I wonder if they'll bury him in a maid's outfit. Clyde wrote:Has anybody been following this story? It is so cartoonishly evil that it makes me think of Satanic panic of the 80s, yet there seem to be a credible witness.No shit. I've been morbidly fascinated by this since the Cyril Smith revelations, and it really does seem like some scary, scary shit has been quietly (and in some cases forcibly) hidden away for a long time. Hysterical lunacy of conspiracy community aside, some of the information and the allegations out there are mind-blowing. The purported visitors to Elm Guest House, the events that are alleged to have happened at Dolphin Square, fuck. I suppose we should prepare ourselves for a neutered inquiry and disposable scapegoats though. Cranius wrote:This investigation is huge. In fact, the police are conducting two parallel investigations. The Met have requested over 200 files on missing boys from regional police forces. It's Salo.Three investigations now, it would appear. Fernbridge, Fairbank and Midland (the most unsettling of all three of them)
Stockhausen!

start=2340>UK General Election 2015 In 2015 I will be voting for:

bishopdante wrote:There was a really really weird big closed hotel vibe in there, like the place in the shining. Big brass pipes and cast iron 1930s radiators, dark red carpets and oppressively low ceilings, and the place hummed and rumbled mechanically to itself like battleship, the whole place was well-maintained but creepily deserted, like the marie celeste.Wierdly, this is totally how I imagined it to be inside.

start=2340>UK General Election 2015 In 2015 I will be voting for:

After being on the wrong side of the Scottish Independence Referendum result I'm not counting chickens but the polling in Scotland is pointing to a large return of SNP MPs to Westminster effectively ending Labour's patronage by the people of Scotland. Whilst the quantity of MPs returned from Scotland isn't enough to actually decide who gets to govern, the quantity is enough to prevent or provide a majority Government, typically for Labour in the past.Even if the polls are wildly off it's likely that SNP will return a much larger number than ever before, if they do indeed return numbers according to the polls then there is the possibility that Labour will require SNP coalescence to attain Government.By breaking with a UK national party this provides an excellent opportunity to ensure that Scottish interests are represented more effectively at Westminster than ever before.
gjhardwick wrote:shut up you massive baptist

start=2360">UK General Election 2015 In 2015 I will be voting for:

Good piece by Irvine Welsh on the state of union:http://www.bellacaledonia.org.uk/2015/04/08/engerland-swings-like-a-pendulum-do/Excerpt wrote:...Scots haven t so much been wrecking, or even rejecting Britain, as watching it being dismantled around them. As this has been happening, they ve (wisely) been getting on with building their own nation. This isn t the mad demolition spree, rabidly and fearfully spewed out by the London media mouthpieces of billionaire proprietors. That carnage happened long ago: to the post-war consensus that formed the backbone of Britain. Without it, all we have is Trident-and-G7 strutting on the world catwalks as an expensive no-win vanity contestant on America s Next Top Model Bomb Builder. For the Scots it s been simple pragmatism: our house is falling down, so let s build another one, and on more enlightened design principles. With: democracy and accountability. Without: an in-built avaricious elite that hovers up everything, leaving the rest with the crumbs that very occasionally fall from the table...
mort pété

start=2340">UK General Election 2015 In 2015 I will be voting for:

Josef K wrote:By breaking with a UK national party this provides an excellent opportunity to ensure that Scottish interests are represented more effectively at Westminster than ever before.Indeed, it seems that the SNP has been able to win over voters who otherwise voted 'no' in the referendum. I did not see the debate last night, but summary reporting suggested that Nicola floated the idea of a future referendum - and that this did not go down well with the audience in the studio. To win she probably needs to keep silent on independence and focus more on labour's complicity with policies of austerity.

start=2360>UK General Election 2015 In 2015 I will be voting for:

Josef K wrote:After being on the wrong side of the Scottish Independence ReferendumNot on the wrong side. The right side just doesn't always win.pb183max wrote: I did not see the debate last night, but summary reporting suggested that Nicola floated the idea of a future referendum - and that this did not go down well with the audience in the studio....way to soon to even talk about that.

start=2360">UK General Election 2015 In 2015 I will be voting for:

Projected SNP figures look pretty good, from what I've seen. I hope they do well, if only for the fact that they have stated there is no way they'd go in with the Tories, which could fuck their coalition chances if the Lib Dems take a pasting in the rest of the country. Which they will. I think even with the most optimistic projections, a Labour/ SNP coalition wouldn't be enough for a majority. Nationalism in any regard.
Credo!