Re: Politics

Curry Pervert wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 10:47 am
rsmurphy wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 10:32 am It's outrageous that Democrats have been out there lying to their constituents for months about his physical and mental capabilities instead of putting forth a suitable candidate.
x!00. This collective delusion amongst supporters that "he doesn't have dementia, it's a stutter" hasn't helped either. It's like the Dems are trying to throw the election away.
I know he has a stutter, and I have a stutter, and so does my brother. I know what they look and sound like. Sometimes during that debate it was in fact a stutter, but most of the time it was not.

So Trump will win this year, and 2028 the dems need to run someone under the age of 60, assuming we still have elections in 2028.
Records + CDs for sale
Perfume for sale

enframed wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 10:50 am So Trump will win this year, and 2028 the dems need to run someone under the age of 60, assuming we still have elections in 2028.
Yeah, it's hard to not think it's inevitable at this point.

At least Trump's supporters won't be storming the Capitol this upcoming January. Sorry, looking for any fucking silver lining at this point.
jason (he/him/his) from volo (illinois)

enframed wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 10:50 am I know he has a stutter, and I have a stutter, and so does my brother. I know what they look and sound like. Sometimes during that debate it was in fact a stutter, but most of the time it was not.
Oh I wasn't saying he doesn't have a stutter, but they've been using that as an excuse to claim he's 100% coherent for a while now.
Dave N. wrote:Most of us are here because we’re trying to keep some spark of an idea from going out.

Late as yesterday they were lowering expectations by claiming he just had a cold. And I’m sure plenty of loyal democrats went along with it because they wanted to believe.
Krev wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 8:07 am
jimmy spako wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 3:59 am Paraphrasing Matt Lech on MR: "Come on, Obama, get in there [behind the scenes ], pretend it's Bernie Sanders."
Weekend at Barry's (I know, Joe is the corpse). Obama would have mopped the floor with Trump in any debate.
(Before yesterday) Ex PR Liar Anthony scaramucci called this a choice between Weekend at Bernie’s & One flew over the cuckoo’s nest.
“One is senile but the other needs a lobotomy!”
(That was him endorsing Biden btw)

Krev wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:23 am What do you think they load Don up with to get him rolling? It's probably not Geritol. Biden needs that.
Guessing it's the same stuff that makes him shit his pants uncontrollably.

twelvepoint wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:28 am Would Harris be inherently unelectable? Considering, perhaps, that the Dems had been grooming her all along for her own presidential run and announced it officially a year or so ago?
I don't know the answer for sure but conversations I've had with family/friends who are politically right-of-center or center consistently indicated that they were less likely to support Harris than Biden.

Put Pritzker in kente cloth and give him an inclusive Pride pin and I'd proudly vote for him.

Seriously, but without the sass. Put in Pritzker, coach.

Maybe the DNC has been playing 3-D chess this entire time.
Justice for Dexter Wade and Nakari Campbell

rsmurphy wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:38 am Put Pritzker in kente cloth and give him an inclusive Pride pin and I'd proudly vote for him.

Seriously, but without the sass. Put in Pritzker, coach.

Maybe the DNC has been playing 3-D chess this entire time.
He's not without flaws, but I'd proudly vote for Pritzker given current circumstances. In a debate, Pritzker would kick Trump's ass.