The Gear Liquidation Thread

Tommy wrote:jx wrote:https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/festus\_laverneSelling a bunch of stuff on ebay. Pickups, pedals, guitar and whatnot. Might swap the guitar for a bass, even.I used to have an embossed Gibson neck mini hum from that era and thought it sounded fantastic.They seem to be pretty rated. need a specific tyoe of gtr to drop them into though, or you re carving stuff up

yard barf wrote:Teacher's Pet wrote:Grommes Custom Model LJ2"Music Lovers Amplifier"Mono tube ampHere is the story:I got it at an estate sale years ago.I had a tech go through it, replaced a tube, new 3-prong plug, 1/4" instrument input added.It was barely used.Now it's not making sound anymore. It has to go.Mojo for weeks, harmonica amp etc.I also have the vintage SAMs PhotoFact schematic somewhere.Album of photos is here.Any interest? Make an offer. Just pay actual shipping and make a charitable donation or something. It will be packed super duper safe and it's heavy to start with. GAMYF.Hmmm... If only there was a cool amp builder in Brooklyn who could make use of this. Let me think...If anyone wants it we can work something out

Grommes Custom Model LJ2"Music Lovers Amplifier"Mono tube ampHere is the story:I got it at an estate sale years ago.I had a tech go through it, replaced a tube, new 3-prong plug, 1/4" instrument input added.It was barely used.Now it's not making sound anymore. It has to go.Mojo for weeks, harmonica amp etc.I also have the vintage SAMs PhotoFact schematic somewhere.Album of photos is here.Any interest? Make an offer. Just pay actual shipping and make a charitable donation or something. It will be packed super duper safe and it's heavy to start with. GAMYF.

Mackie 1202A slightly thrashed workhorse.Functional. Actually, tons of functionality is packed into these little buggers.It has a few wiggly pots here and there, but nothing's completely busted off or anything.I also have a copy of this book I could throw in if you really want to go deep.More images here.Any interest? Make an offer. Pay actual shipping and make a charitable donation or something. It will be packed super duper safe. I can include a non-original IEC cable so you can begin rocking out and making masterpieces immediately upon arrival. GAMYF.

Teacher's Pet wrote:Grommes Custom Model LJ2Music Lovers AmplifierMono tube ampHere is the story:I got it at an estate sale years ago.I had a tech go through it, replaced a tube, new 3-prong plug, 1/4 instrument input added.It was barely used.Now it's not making sound anymore. It has to go.Mojo for weeks, harmonica amp etc.I also have the vintage SAMs PhotoFact schematic somewhere.Album of photos is here.Any interest? Make an offer. Just pay actual shipping and make a charitable donation or something. It will be packed super duper safe and it's heavy to start with. GAMYF.Hmmm... If only there was a cool amp builder in Brooklyn who could make use of this. Let me think...

Letting this guy go. It's 90 watts and powered by two KT88s. Duel channel (Vintage and High Gain). You really can dial in all sort of gain and get a good classic crunch out of it. It is supposed to be voiced like a 70s Orange, but I think it sound more modern. It is a great amp for heavy, fuzzy tones. Anyway I am not sure if this will ring anyones bell here, but thought I'd post it here. I paid $1100 for it, but I am open to offers and a PRF rate.

Teacher's Pet wrote:Grommes Custom Model LJ2"Music Lovers Amplifier"Mono tube ampHere is the story:I got it at an estate sale years ago.I had a tech go through it, replaced a tube, new 3-prong plug, 1/4" instrument input added.It was barely used.Now it's not making sound anymore. It has to go.Mojo for weeks, harmonica amp etc.I also have the vintage SAMs PhotoFact schematic somewhere.Album of photos is here.Any interest? Make an offer. Just pay actual shipping and make a charitable donation or something. It will be packed super duper safe and it's heavy to start with. GAMYF.Hey dude, did you get rid of this amp? If not ballpark what are you looking to get for it (cash/trade/etc)? I could certainly take it under my wing for rehab.

Dr Tony Balls wrote:Hey dude, did you get rid of this amp? If not ballpark what are you looking to get for it (cash/trade/etc)? I could certainly take it under my wing for rehab.Yes, a FM jumped right on it and now it's on its way to the midwest.Maybe I could have got more cash for it on eBay, but that's definitely more hassle, and the PRF has always been good (and generous) to me so what the hell.(Salut, Gear Liquidation thread.)I have another (similar) project still sitting here but it's a small tube stereo hi-fi amp type thing. 1960s, Voice of Music brand I think. Same deal basically. I had a dream to make in into a boombox inspired by these:I got it, I had a tech bring it back to life, and now, nothing. So it's not working but I think it's close. Ad it's beyond my skills to repair. I'll take some pix.