Flipper?

Crap.
Total votes: 7 (7%)
Not crap.
Total votes: 92 (93%)
Total votes: 99

Band: Flipper Flipper?

Bought Public Flipper Ltd. reissue. It is simultaneously one of the funniest, depressing and rockin things I've ever heard. Flipper Blues and Southern California are some of the most misanthropic, hateful sludge dirges I've ever heard, just the sound of no hope and unrelenting hate. And then there's one fucking hilarious song where Will just drunkenly slurs god I wonder how long this is going to go on for.worth every penny

calhern wrote:Bought Public Flipper Ltd. reissue. It is simultaneously one of the funniest, depressing and rockin things I've ever heard. Flipper Blues and Southern California are some of the most misanthropic, hateful sludge dirges I've ever heard, just the sound of no hope and unrelenting hate. And then there's one fucking hilarious song where Will just drunkenly slurs "god I wonder how long this is going to go on for."worth every pennyFunny, I think "Southern California" is one of the funniest fucking songs I've ever heard in my life. The explanation of how the word "boring" was invented is hilarious.The version of "I Saw You Shine"? The FUCKING ASTOUNDING "We Don't Understand"? Definitely sludge dirges.
Life...life...I know it's got its ups and downs.

Groucho Marx wrote:Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

You know, tonight is a perfect night to listen to Flipper. I couldn't have spoken at a better time earlier when I said I wouldn't know where I'd be without these guys, because the honest truth is that I don't. The way I hear and realize all different forms of music now has a lot to do with how Flipper affected me since my early teenage years. It's astounding to me that I can still feel this way about them, but at the same time there is absolutely no surprise whatsoever. This is because every time I go back and listen to them they still make me laugh, squirm and feel like I did the very first time I put them on. I never saw them when Will was alive, I was far too young, but that hasn't stopped me from seeing them twice within the last couple years. Both times were with Krist on bass and they were just as great as I hoped they'd be. However, I do have many recordings of their live shows throughout the 80's and if there is one excuse for me to have a time machine, it would be so I could go back and witness what it was they had to offer during that time. I swear some of those shows must have been the most intense things to ever happen here on Earth. But hey that's just what I think and I've surely been full of shit my fair share of times.

a leg plaster wrote:Snowblinder wrote:Flipper covering "Scentless Apprentice"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ul4nbgt ... re=relatedI actually REALLY like this.I have a recording of them and the Big Boys playing a 10 minute long "Superfreak". THAT is a cover.Oh jesus, I never knew that got recorded! I saw photos but never thought...I have to hear it!
Life...life...I know it's got its ups and downs.

Groucho Marx wrote:Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.