RIP

Moderator: Greg

RIP

Carl wrote:Chuck Kinder died on Friday. If you liked an excellent writer with ties to Pittsburgh, chances are pretty good that writer was edited, taught, or otherwise influenced by Chuck.I was in a couple of Chuck's classes--a good teacher and a good guy, and I'm glad he got to see late-career interest. (It was also nice to see that he was apparently pleased to have inspired Chabon's character.) Respect.
http://mauricerickard.com/ | http://onezeromusic.com/

RIP

Apparently that keyboard-playing ginger cat died last year too but didn't make the front page.I wonder if the value of Grumpy Cat's estate will go up or down now that she has died? I'm not sure if the usual rules apply to celebrity cats. No doubt the Grumpy Cat Family Trust will spend the next 50 years suing other grumpy cats.

RIP

Anthony Flack wrote:Apparently that keyboard-playing ginger cat died last year too but didn't make the front page.I wonder if the value of Grumpy Cat's estate will go up or down now that she has died? I'm not sure if the usual rules apply to celebrity cats. No doubt the Grumpy Cat Family Trust will spend the next 50 years suing other grumpy cats.Oh, you beat me to it. No more exploitation for the little guy at least. Cats shouldn't have to do fucking meet and greets.

RIP

the finger genius wrote:Not sure about Grumpy Cat, I think most of Lil Bub's appearances have a charitable aspect.Yeah, her owner (who I think posts here?) has given a lot of the money he's made from her to animal charities. I just looked at a list of famous YouTube animals to confirm this and it annoyed me, did not know there was a dog raking in $15,000 per month for dressing up in shirts and sunglasses. My favourite internet cats are Maru and Hana. The videos are short, well edited, and it's just them at home doing cat-like stuff. As far as I know they're not carted around to meet celebrities and such, but correct me if I'm wrong.