Re: Little Details from Your Day

Put a baby robin back in its nest after it was blown out of it during this morning's thunderstorm. The bird seemed very weak but was still alive. Hoping that it perks up after being back in its nest, but unsure if it will survive. Feel good about giving it a chance, though.
jason (he/him/his) from volo (illinois)

I've been voluntold to cover staff absences at a different funeral home across town all of next week. Today is also my last day working at my home location for four days after a ten-day stretch on. By some miracle, all of the families I've been working with over the last few weeks have had their service arrangements completed by today, save one that's being covered for me this weekend. It's a test having to still be thinking about and doing things for pending cases when I'm not at my own desk. It means I can give the people at the other location my full attention, and that's a luxury. It also means I can enjoy my long weekend and not worry about checking work emails a couple of time a day.
"And the light, it burns your skin...in a language you don't understand."

kokorodoko wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:37 pm Dessert beer: Lagunitas Maximus Colossal IPA.

They don't miss.
I agree, good beer.

They used to be packaged in 22 oz (650 ml) bottles, i.e., bombers. It seems like (craft) brewers have largely stopped using the bomber format, though. It's a shame because it was usually a perfect amount of beer.
jason (he/him/his) from volo (illinois)

My org announced in late May that they were doing a re-org and changing all our roles, so they let people take the option of interviewing for a new role or taking severance. Since I'm super burned out and would get the largest severance package I could because of my tenure, I opted to take severance, and as of today I'll be officially leaving in early October, one month shy of 18 years at the same company. I'm very, very lucky to not be worried money wise in the short term, so it'll be nice to take a break and not worry about looking for a job until next year.
Band: www.bracketsseattle.bandcamp.com
Old band: www.burnpermits.bandcamp.com
Older band: www.policeteeth.bandcamp.com