Re: Little Details from Your Day

dontfeartheringo wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:05 pm
enframed wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 8:30 pm Out for a run on a trail today I saw a snake strangling a rabbit.
This is exactly the kind of thing that will keep me from falling asleep for way longer than it should.
Me too, man. It’s way too hot to be runnin’
Escape Rope (guitar & vocals & production)
Black Mesa (drums & production since 2019)
fka Boombats, Lonesome Bulldog, and sambpot but NOT Cocend

kokorodoko wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 am On my walk today a guy comes up to me.

Guy: "Hey man, I saw you walking here before, talking to my kids, what's up with that?"

Me: "I haven't talked to any kids here. You have the wrong guy."

Guy: "Where do you live?"

Me: "None of your business."

Guy: "Come with me, we'll ask my kids if they recognize you."

Me: "No I won't do that. I'm leaving now."

Guy: "If I see you here again, you're not walking out of here."

Me: "I'll go wherever the hell I want."

Interesting morning, as a Chinese might say.
Been walking by the same place every day since and nothing has happened. Bitch got called.
born to give

The wilderness preserve I work in only allows 50 permit holders to visit per day. Each permit allows up to 8 people to enter. The permits are acquired by reservation, and we’re usually booked up at least a month in advance. It is clearly stated on the website, and there are signs posted along the main road and at the park entrance stating that reservations are required.

All day long I get people trying to be the exception to the rule. It astounds me how many people come here without doing any research, usually driving over two hours to get here. They see a picture on the internet and drive here knowing nothing more about it. They plead and argue. They lose their temper. It blows my mind that people would drive all the way from Houston or Dallas without planning ahead. Dipshits.

enframed wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:24 pm Last summer I picked some grapes in a really strange 100+ year old vineyard in the middle of an industrial park in Rancho Cucamonga. It was so strange picking grapes while surrounded by warehouses on all sides.

Today I picked up a bottle of the wine made from that fruit. Looking forward to drinking it soon.
Interested to hear back about this. I intuitively assume anything grown in a city will taste like shit due to smog and pollution.

In Rome there are beautiful orange trees around the streets of some government buildings. One night I saw an orange drop to the ground and went to peel it, but a security guard stopped me and just said "Trust me, you don't want to eat that".