Seen any good movies lately?

A\_Man\_Who\_Tries wrote:The Bros documentary, After the Screaming Stops. Just brilliant, and that Stevie Wonder line was one of the funniest things I've heard in years.Watched this last night on iPlayer, and it does have a strong flavour of Some Kind of Monster.There is some gold in there - mostly flowing from the brain of Matt Goss.Having Luke (the drummer twin) constantly shadowed in rehearsals and on stage by a professional percussionist is especial brutal, but probably necessary.You can t play conkers in England

I caught Scarecrow on TV when I was a teenager. It was randomly on and I was immediately drawn to the slow burn of these two hollywood heavyweights, guys I assumed had only been in films that made the "Top 100 of All Time" lists, just drifting around rural America, trying to learn how to connect with each other.It was my first inkling that some pretty great films had been made in the 70s that I'd never heard anyone talk about.
- Andy

ldopa\_chicago wrote:I went to see Yorgos Lanthimos' The Favourite last week and I think it's my favorite of his! Pretty hilarious, well-shot, well acted. I will probably watch it again.I enjoyed that quite a lot.As we walked to the bar for our usual post-movie dissection we found that we immediately came to the same conclusion, which is that The Favourite was what we wanted that Phantom Thread failed to deliver.
http://www.myspace.com/leopoldandloebchicago

Linus Van Pelt wrote:I subscribe to neither prong of your false dichotomy.

Adam Sr asked: Have you seen Les Valseuses / Going Places, Redline?Yeah, a good film, that was at the Oriental Theatre in Milwaukee in the late 70's.. I think it was the first time I saw Gérard Depardieu in a film. People kept talking about him, I'm like "Who is this famous guy I never saw in a movie?"I watched Hard Day's Night for the thousandth time, I never get sick of it. The BluRay kicks ass.Also Yessongs, I know it's not really a movie, but the BluRay is as good as it's going to get picture wise. The sound quality is still meh, but you can actually see Rick Wakeman manipulate the Mini-Moog now, so that's a total nerd bonus.