Re: Movies you have watched thread.

Last fall, I decided to get serious about watching a number of landmark movies that had been “on my list” for years, or even decades, by writing them down in an actual, physical list and going through them one by one.

The ones I’ve checked off the list thus far:
Intolerance
Greed
The Crowd
The Man with the Movie Camera
L’Atalante
The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp (couldn’t finish this one—hated it, despite loving a number of other Pressburger-Powell movies)
Day of Wrath
From Here to Eternity
Journey to Italy
Madame de . . .
Floating Clouds
Pather Panchali
All That Heaven Allows
Blood Feast
Jeanne Dielman 23, quai du Commerce 1080 Bruxelles
The Opening of Misty Beethoven (also couldn’t finish this one)

Not yet watched:
The Shop Around the Corner
A Place in the Sun
Rio Bravo
Blow Up
Once Upon a Time in the West
Nashville
Something from John Waters’s pre-Hairspray period

Watched Against the Ice on Netflix. I'm a nut for Northwest Passage/Arctic exploration stuff, and this was obviously a passion project for Nikolaj Coster-Waldau - who was pretty good in it - but it was just average. Beautiful to look at, though.

***On the other hand, I see they remade The Ipcress File with Joe Cole in the lead, so there's that.
"And the light, it burns your skin...in a language you don't understand."

Watched DRIVE MY CAR last night and it absolutely wrecked me.

I haven't read the Murakami source work, but the closest thing I could really compare it to is PARIS, TEXAS.

Well worth the three hours, and it really flew right by. Streaming on HBO Max right now--since its a Janus distributed release I'm sure it'll be out on the Criterion Collection eventually (and likely streaming on their channel at some point).
Band: www.bracketsseattle.bandcamp.com
Old band: www.burnpermits.bandcamp.com
Older band: www.policeteeth.bandcamp.com