silkworm/bottomless pit update

Finally got round to ordering the reissues now I m back home. Even on Bandcamp ITW sounds incredible, like it s more in focus or something. I didn t realise this before but Andy was really young when they recorded this, right? His songs are intimidatingly good. tallchris wrote:Realized recently that coming across this record in a pawnshop in Idaho in 1995 is probably one of the 3 biggest things music related things that ended up changing the course of my life, though the impact of ITW was a slower burn.Similar experience except it was a .rar on one of those blogs that used to exist. Spring of 2012. That whole summer I didn t listen to anything else.

silkworm/bottomless pit update

Since the ITW reissue arrived at my house, it's pretty much the only thing I've listened to; that and all the Silkworm LPs.The last 48 hours have been me revisiting Andy's record with Light Coma--it's a perfect fuckin' record.A few years ago I was on the road to Knoxville from the ATL to see my buddy Matt Hall. I was listening to Firewater the entire way there.When I arrived at his house, he opens the door to greet me and I said "Dude, I just listened to the greatest guitar solo ever written."And he reflexively replied with "You mean Slow Hands by Silkworm?"That's exactly what I was referring to--it was one of the most epic rock moments of our friendship. That goddamn solo...it's just the gift that KEEPS giving.
ABC Group Documentation>New Music For Working People