Re: RIP v2 - still no cure for death

rsmurphy wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:05 pm As the essence of queer, I think of Tim Dean’s work on being queer and queer not as being about who you’re having sex with – that can be a dimension of it – but queer as being about the self that is at odds with everything around it and it has to invent and create and find a place to speak and to thrive and to live

bell hooks
This is cool. I like the word queer for myself because it feels suitably ambiguous. I have been things, I am other things, and I have no reason to believe that I will eventually become something and remain there. Or really truly being, precisely and unambiguously, anything particular at all.

bell hooks RIP
born to give

Re: RIP v2 - still no cure for death

Giuseppe Drali died yesterday. He was a master frame builder for Bianchi’s racing division, following and assisting his father in making frames that carried some of the greats, including Coppi and Baldini.
Today everyone wants carbon fibre, because it’s lighter… technology moves forward, arriving at incredible levels, but it has lost the great art of brazing. For me a bicycle is like a painting … Every detail has to be attended to and refined and nothing can substitute the hand if you want something that is truly beautiful and unique.
Gib Opi kein Opium, denn Opium bringt Opi um!