No more BOOZE

Crap
Total votes: 15 (26%)
Not Crap
Total votes: 43 (74%)
Total votes: 58

Abstaining from alcohol.

mrcancelled wrote:I just realized that February 11th marked two years for me. Funny how much faster the second year seemed to go by compared to the first one. I absolutely could not have done it without this thread and without the folks who reached out to me after I'd posted about struggling. I will forever be grateful for you all.That's huge, mrcancelled! Congratulations and thank you for giving the world the gift of yourself, in undistilled form.
www.myspace.com/pissedplanet
www.myspace.com/hookerdraggerlives

Abstaining from alcohol.

Fell off a little bit recently. Nothing bad's happened, but it's very embarrassing. I can't be sure what triggered it, other than that things have been going well for me for a while now and I suspect that I have the tendency to self-sabotage. I don't know if anyone has experience with that kind of thing but I'm all ears.

Abstaining from alcohol.

Boombats wrote:Marsupialized wrote:I used to drink to pants wetting unconciousness nearly every day. I barely drink anymore, I get what would be considered 'drunk' maybe once every 3 months at this point.I started taking lots of pills that would make me violently sick if I drank on them so that made me stop drinking, then I stopped with the pills and the drinking didn't come back.At first I thought you were talking about those prescription drugs that are made to Clockwork-Orange you into sobriety.Ah yes, Anabuse, if I remember. Not crap.

Abstaining from alcohol.

Boombats wrote:mrcancelled wrote:I just realized that February 11th marked two years for me. Funny how much faster the second year seemed to go by compared to the first one. I absolutely could not have done it without this thread and without the folks who reached out to me after I'd posted about struggling. I will forever be grateful for you all.That's huge, mrcancelled! Congratulations and thank you for giving the world the gift of yourself, in undistilled form.Thanks man!Pasta wrote:Going into Rehab this weekend.That's an awesome decision, I wish you the best and if there's anything I can help with please feel free to PM. And there's quite a few sober Chicago folks on the forum and in the city, so don't worry about lack of company.