Flipper?

Crap.
Total votes: 7 (7%)
Not crap.
Total votes: 92 (93%)
Total votes: 99

Band: Flipper Flipper?

1.) For luring in unsuspecting 'New Wave' types into Oingo Boingo and such with the seemingly playful, fun and innocent name of Flipper and horrifing them with their horribly ugly bass heavy sludgy nihilism, NOT CRAP.2.) For absolutely chaotically insane live shows where ANYTHING could and would happen, NOT CRAP (A freind of mine screwed his girlfreind on stage at one of their shows)3.) For userping a small independant record label selling their releases, and selling the rights to Rick Rubin/ DefJam for money to score heroin, COMPLETE CRAP4.) For spending the majority of the advance money that Rick Rubin/DefJam gave them for more heroin and rewarding the label with the absolutely horrible 'American Grafishy', NOT CRAP.Will Shatter used to have a tiny little Magazine and Newspaper stand on, (I think) 16th and Valencia in SF. In addition to the regular mags and newspapers, he also carried all the big Punk Zines at the time. He and his girlfreind would lock up the stand for a 15 minutes or so to shoot up and reopen. --They died about a year or two after I hung out with them.
"Fuck compose, Fuck melody, Dedicated to no one, Thanks to no one, ART IS OVER".
-Juntaro Yamanouchi

Bumpin' to say if anyone is near Nottingham on April 6 then Flipper are playing here and if you msg me anyone's name who wants to go then you can get in half price. There you go...and if you're bored at work then check out the bassist from Stickmen With Ray Guns' flickr:flipper tray by toyranch, on Flickr
Rick Reuben wrote:We're all sensitive people
With so much love to give, understand me sugar
Since we got to be... Lets say, I love you

Had the good fortune to play some gigs with them last year and they're fucking really nice people too. Ted Falconi is the weirdest guitar player I think I've ever seen - I really still have no idea what he's doing but whatever it is it sounds amazing. He had this really fucked looking amp in a wooden packing crate with the Flipper fish painted on it and it sounded incredible so he was showing me it and it was a super high-end Boogie head that he'd just squeezed into this wooden box to get it on planes easier.
Rick Reuben wrote:We're all sensitive people
With so much love to give, understand me sugar
Since we got to be... Lets say, I love you