Dietz Cabinets.

Eliya-

I would recommend installing the screws for the cleats from the inside. that way you don't have to fuss with measuring and getting your screw spacing even...you can just throw them in quickly. Glue is also important...don't forget the glue for those cleats.
No one is paying you to sit on that bed and cry.

Dietz Cabinets.

chris jury wrote:Eliya-

I would recommend installing the screws for the cleats from the inside. that way you don't have to fuss with measuring and getting your screw spacing even...you can just throw them in quickly. Glue is also important...don't forget the glue for those cleats.

thans Chris!

So you put some glue on the cleats, put them on the surface, let it dry and put the screws in?

Dietz Cabinets.

To get a strong bond, I would put in the screws immediately. They act like a clamp. And be sure to glue every surface that is contacting another, like the back of a cleat where it touches another cleat. it just really tightens everything up and prevents rattles years down the road, when a mechanical fastener (like a nail or screw) might wiggle loose.
No one is paying you to sit on that bed and cry.

Dietz Cabinets.

chris jury wrote:To get a strong bond, I would put in the screws immediately. They act like a clamp. And be sure to glue every surface that is contacting another, like the back of a cleat where it touches another cleat. it just really tightens everything up and prevents rattles years down the road, when a mechanical fastener (like a nail or screw) might wiggle loose.

This is correct. You use the screws as a sort of clamp. But I would actually take the screws out after the glue dries... they can pop, squeak, and rattle. The glue joint will suffice... it should actually be stronger than the wood itself. Also, remember to drill pilot holes in the cleats so when screwed the pieces are drawn together.
David
TRONOGRAPHIC - RUSTY BOX

Dietz Cabinets.

twelvepoint wrote:It seems weird because 15"s and 10"s are both used for huge bass sounds, yet you don't see bass Rigs of Doom with 12s. Wonder why that isLike other people have said, it's mainly about design. Bass cabs use speakers designed for bass frequencies and bass guitars. Bass cabs with 10s and 15s don't use 10s and 15s made for guitar. Plus, the enclosures are designed for the best handling of bass frequencies.There are some bass cabs with 12s, and well designed cabs with appropriate speakers sound very good. However, these 12" bass cabs also don't sound like classic guitar cabs when used with guitar.