Re: The Dance Music Thread

zorg wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:27 pm I'm amused that Europeans of a certain age think that everybody from the US midwest must be intimately familiar with and know all the players in House and Techno music.
I'm not as intimately familiar with techno players as I am with house artists, but that's mostly due to me being narrow-minded and tribal (somewhat joking). Back in the day I used to pour through Harthouse records, but other than the Detroit scene and a sprinkling of UK jocks I'm lost.

I completely slept on Jesse Ware's record That! Feels Good! last year. First half is chock full of strong club hits including her banger of a collaboration with Róisín Murphy, "Freak Me Now." No shade to Kylie Minogue, but Ware's filtered French house disco choon should have been the summer anthem. Maybe it was and my ageing ears aren't as to the ground as they once were

Justice for Dexter Wade and Nakari Campbell

Re: The Dance Music Thread

The colorized version isn't distracting at all, plus it has the band swingin' before the bodies start jumpin'. The athleticism it takes to do the Lindy Hop is unreal.

Classic house banger over a fan made video spanning decades of black dance. Great editing.

Justice for Dexter Wade and Nakari Campbell