Re: Little Details from Your Day

A_Man_Who_Tries wrote:
Verge of Light wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:31 am I had a dream last night (couldn't find the dream thread) where I was telling someone about a collective in rural Sweden where death metal musicians live. They don't have to live in the city and they can get by comfortably on their little government ABBA checks. I'd like to think such a thing actually exists.
It does, pretty much.
Amazing. If there's any info about that online / photos etc. I'd absolutely love to see it. Thanks A_Man!
Quitter / Canady tape and digital out now.

speedie wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:44 am
ChudFusk wrote:Everything sucks right now
Take care, Johnny Boombats.

My Dad is dying. On a morphine pump, could be in 10 minutes, could be in a couple of days.
Vibracobra wrote: Sorry to read about your ill relatives. My mother in law, whom I love as if she was my own mum, has dementia on its final stages. Horrible way to go.
I'm sorry to hear you're all going through these difficulties. Absolute best wishes to you, JB, Speedie, and Vibracobra.
snwv | streak.club | weekly beats | twitch

My siblings and I have gathered this weekend at my dad's place on what would have been my mom's 80th birthday in order to go through the garage and decide what to give away, toss, or keep. Not as many emotional zingers as I would have expected, but I did find one piece of paper on which she had written ten rules for herself with regard to my upbringing. Things like, "Be present at breakfast. Don't just make it a bitch session," and, "Encourage, encourage, encourage." Having now raised a kid myself, that one got me pretty good.

It's also a weird feeling to throw your own baby teeth into a dumpster at the age of 57, although I left a good-sized one on the sidewalk a couple of doors down just to mess with whomever finds it.
"And the light, it burns your skin...in a language you don't understand."