Bush - Glycerine
Total votes: 2 (4%)
Live - Lightning Crashes
Total votes: 16 (33%)
Everclear - Santa Monica
Total votes: 4 (8%)
Total votes: 49

Re: Worst Mid-90's Mega-Hit

Usually, I´m quite tolerant about the music in the background at a party. I cannot expect people to have fun while my kind of music plays. And I just try to ignore the shit that they want to hear.

But some months ago I was at a party at my best friend`s. It was the first time ever that i seriously could not stand the music. He had some Spotfy playlist running and it was full of early to mid 90s R´n´B/Soul/Hiphop shit and I felt this was the most terrible music ever recorded. Speaking of BoysIIMen, Fugees..."I sweaaaar by the moooon and the suuuun and the staaaars"...that shitty Puff Daddy The-Police-cover and so on. I got into a really bad mood just because of that music. So I went to my frriend and said: "Listen...this is no joke. Would you mind playing some other kind of music? I really REALLY cannot stand this. This in unbearable for me. I tried but I can not enjoy this party as long as this music is running." Seemed like he took my words seriously. As soon as he changed the setlist to some other kind of bullshit music that I hate (I think it was 90s Alternative pop...4nonBlondes...Spin Doctors...Blind Melon etc.) I gradually started having a good evening.

This kind of music is the worst. The Puff Daddy song is the worst.

There a million other songs I would add to this list but of if Sublime is on a list of vote for worst, it's hard to not pick them. Fuck that band and their stupid music and entire "thing" they had going. Sublime fans are also high ranking on the list of "Worst band with the worst fans". Somewhere between every Jester Hat bong and a Scarface poster stands a die hard Sublime fan.
Was Japmn.

New OST project: https://japmn.bandcamp.com/album/flight-ost
https://japmn.bandcamp.com/album/numberwitch
https://boneandbell.com/site/music.html

Kniferide wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 11:39 am There a million other songs I would add to this list but of if Sublime is on a list of vote for worst, it's hard to not pick them. Fuck that band and their stupid music and entire "thing" they had going. Sublime fans are also high ranking on the list of "Worst band with the worst fans". Somewhere between every Jester Hat bong and a Scarface poster stands a die hard Sublime fan.
I hate all things Ska and specially that band.

Vibracobra wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 12:51 pm
Kniferide wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 11:39 am There a million other songs I would add to this list but of if Sublime is on a list of vote for worst, it's hard to not pick them. Fuck that band and their stupid music and entire "thing" they had going. Sublime fans are also high ranking on the list of "Worst band with the worst fans". Somewhere between every Jester Hat bong and a Scarface poster stands a die hard Sublime fan.
Sublime and their ilk are balls, but that first Specials record slaps.
We're headed for social anarchy when people start pissing on bookstores.

Krev wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 2:10 pm
Before you write off ska entirely, it's worth listening to the 60's stuff. Ex: https://trojanrecords.com/trojan-ska-reggae-classics/ Sublime and that kind of thing are like 4th generation VHS dubs of the good stuff.
Formerly LouisSandwich and LotharSandwich, but I can never recover passwords somehow.

rsmurphy wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 2:35 pm 90's new jack swing/r&b/soul/hip-hop was lit but I can understand it not appealing to the ears of rockists.
I was surprised to learn that both "Nasty" and "I Can't Wait" came out in the late 80's rather than the early 90's -- my fault for only wanting to hear loud guitars at the time. Whenever I hear either one coming out of a car, I do an awkward middle aged dude's dance on the sidewalk . Mortifying my children is just a bonus.
Formerly LouisSandwich and LotharSandwich, but I can never recover passwords somehow.

Krev wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 2:10 pm
Does Madness count too? One Step Beyond.... is a lot of fun.
"Whatever happened to that album?"
"I broke it, remember? I threw it against the wall and it like, shattered."

LuciousSandwich wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 2:53 pm
rsmurphy wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 2:35 pm 90's new jack swing/r&b/soul/hip-hop was lit but I can understand it not appealing to the ears of rockists.
I was surprised to learn that both "Nasty" and "I Can't Wait" came out in the late 80's rather than the early 90's -- my fault for only wanting to hear loud guitars at the time. Whenever I hear either one coming out of a car, I do an awkward middle aged dude's dance on the sidewalk . Mortifying my children is just a bonus.
Boyz II Men were bad, but you can't lump stuff like D'Angelo in with boy bands
We're headed for social anarchy when people start pissing on bookstores.