Guitars that are-were inexplicably unpopular-unfashionable.

In all honesty, I don't really get why guitars with coil splitting switches and phase switches are uncommon. I can't imagine wanting to limit the instruments range so much. But it seems like the majority of instruments are either all-single-coil, or all-humbucker, and that's that. And no phasing. I don't recall ever accidentally flipping a coil or phase switch, cause they're generally much more out-of-the-way than volume knobs or pickup selector switches. I don't get why these options are so unpopular.

Now here's my silly answer.

"The bastards have landed"

www.myspace.com/thechromerobes - now has a couple songs from the new album

skatingbasser wrote:
Gramsci wrote:First time around these:

A friend of mine just got one of those. I got to record it the next day.

Pretty nice clean tone... sounded like awful garbage distorted out of a Marshall.

"Marshall". I think I just got to the bottom of the problem you're having. I use mine through a 1969 Marshall JMP sometimes and it's smoking though.
Rick Reuben wrote:We're all sensitive people
With so much love to give, understand me sugar
Since we got to be... Lets say, I love you

now i really like the starcatser but some people hate them. personally there is no way i would spend 2 grand on one but the you go. as for ovations, are people forgetting the ultra gp? its not just a silly lie, they really are the best sounding distortion tone that i have ever heard in my life. i think summerlin had one or has one if i remember correctly. someone here did any way. i love my one but i think eastwood guitars has started to reissue them.
a sense of history