silkworm-bottomless pit update

sethpomeroy wrote:Bottomless Pit definitely plays "Lilly White" live. And now that I think about it, SKWM played it the time I saw them at The Bottom Lounge in Chicago. It's a great song, I can understand why they wouldn't want to leave it behind.

Thank you, I was almost certain that I had heard that song before.

There is also a great version of "Bar Ice" on Tim's solo ep from a few years back.

EDIT: Is that Heather singing the female vocals that you can hear?
Pure L wrote:I get shocked whenever I use my table saw while barefooted.

I Made Out With You Before You Were Cool
Don't Sit On The Pickets

The last two times I saw SKWM they played "Lily White" and "Bar Ice"--both had me "stoked" to hear a recorded version.

In about 1999, or maybe even '98, SKWM and Shellac did a little cannuck/northern U.S. tour. They played "Wrote a Song..." at the Winnipeg show.

What I want to know is, did they ever record a cover of "Heard it Through the Grapevine"? That one was boss.

Best album cover of any SKWM release, including the "Violet" and "Never met a Man..." singles.

Best drum sounds ("Bar Ice"), "Gimmee Some Skin" notwithstanding.

Saddest album I've ever opened and played.

Ike

I was just listening to "Spanish Harlem Incident" in my car...

Man, Michael is really singing his ass off on that one! I don't know if I've ever heard him belt it out like that on a SKWM record. There's so much passion in the way he sings those lyrics, he really makes it come alive.
As far as I'm concerned, this is the definitive version of the Dylan song. Michael fucking owns that song.
Listen to the last verse and you'll know what I'm talking about.

I've been listening to the 4 Bottomless Pit songs on the SKWM site, and they're perfect 10s to me. The kind of songs you want to play over and over again.

Chilling lyrics, excellent guitarwork, cool song structures that evolve over time.

And the feel of the recording is perfect, too. A bit early 80's in very small but cool ways, like the sound of Tim's guitar-thing echoey.

I regret not getting the tour only EP, but I hope this is an indication of a strong & lasting rebirth for the primary songwriters.

~R