Music You Think You Should Like But Don t

the problem i have with guided by voices is, not unlike will oldhams incarnations, they don't seem to filter all the shit out of their released material, making them frustratingly inconsistant. HAVE SOME FUCKING SHAME MEN!

i'm finding it hard to believe that so many people here don't get joy division. i mean, i can't fathom big black being the same band without them. while steve's guitar playing back then was more reminiscent of early gang of four, santiago's i think was very derivitive of the joy division sound. just sayin'.

as for my contribution: janes addiction

edit: actually, on second thought, i don't think i should like janes addiction. i just don't.
Last edited by same_Archive on Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-white stripes...i love the idea of a 2-piece band with really junky, distorted guitar. but i just dont like their songs.

-"classic-era" pavement...call me crazy, but i hate slanted and enchanted, and really like terror twilight.

-nirvava...i loved these guys when i was 13, but when i listen to them now i dont even get any enjoyment for old-times sake. i can even enjoy my old metallica records at times (thats right i liked metallica, wanna fight about it?)

El Protoolio wrote:The Replacements and Husker Du

Husker Du, I can't agree with, as I still love 'em inspite of myself.

Replacements, however . . .

Oh yeah, throw Alex Chilton in there as well. And Stevie Wonder.

Prince
The Clash
Bruce Springsteen
The Strokes
Madonna
Velocity Girl
"Intelligent Dance Music"
Galaxy 500
The Smiths
The Cure
Lydia Lunch
Elliott Smith
Blonde Redhead
"Old Skool" Hip-hop.
Most bands from Columbus Ohio (Excluding Grafton, Bob City, Cheater Slicks)

That's just the tip of the friggin' iceberg.

same wrote:i'm finding it hard to believe that so many people here don't get joy division. i mean, i can't fathom big black being the same band without them. while steve's guitar playing back then was more reminiscent of early gang of four, santiago's i think was very derivitive of the joy division sound. just sayin'.

Joy Division - I know I should like them, they seem to have been influential to a lot of people I do like, but I don't get it. I do not enjoy their records. I think Big Black is worlds better than JD. Yeah, that's a good one.