hey, non-smokers

somebody once said: "kissing a smoker is like licking an ashtray". well I'm a smoker for about 20 years so I can't say much about that. but as a non-whisky-drinker I can say that kissing a whisky drunk isn't much fun neither. I agree that it depends on who's the smoker (or the drunk).

hey, non-smokers

bassdriver wrote:somebody once said: "kissing a smoker is like licking an ashtray". well I'm a smoker for about 20 years so I can't say much about that. but as a non-whisky-drinker I can say that kissing a whisky drunk isn't much fun neither. I agree that it depends on who's the smoker (or the drunk).

Well, the smoker doesn't have vomit all over his/her mouth...

Also, ashtrays don't have tongues. Advantage: smokers.
http://www.ifihadahifi.net
http://www.superstarcastic.com

Marsupialized wrote:Thank you so much for the pounding, it came in handy.

hey, non-smokers

tbone wrote:It also bugs the shit out of me when I'm trying to get something accomplished with someone and they have to keep taking a damn smoking break all the time. Especially if you're having a long conversation or planning something out and you have to go to some horrible outside location that is designated for smoking to talk with them. This is more of a workplace problem, though.

So true.

I just took a class taught by a smoker. I found myself in quite a dilemma as when I needed some direction I would have to smell her up close (it was a computer class). At least she used those Listerine neon-blue-death-strips but that didn't kill it 100%.

Also, it seemed that as the class would become more frustrated, so would her need for "a break". So much so that her "help" wasn't really that helpful at all. It's hard to really care when you're in the middle of a nic-fit, I suppose. I've noticed this in other friends of mine who smoke. They're only half-involved in the task at hand. The other half is thinking about flavor-country.

hey, non-smokers

I stopped smoking in the house, which has been awesome. I used to smoke almost a pack a day and now I think I'm at maybe four or five at best. I smoke more on weekends, but the no-house rule has been awsome. e.g., on saturday, I didn't smoke until maybe 6:00pm! yay!

it's not quitting, just yet, but it works quite well for me.

so great.
kerble is right.

hey, non-smokers

kerble wrote:I stopped smoking in the house, which has been awesome. I used to smoke almost a pack a day and now I think I'm at maybe four or five at best. I smoke more on weekends, but the no-house rule has been awsome. e.g., on saturday, I didn't smoke until maybe 6:00pm! yay!

Yeah, i should point out that while i don't give a rip about smoking in public, i do enforce a no smoking rule in my apartment. Neither my smoking then-grilfriend nor my current smoking roommate minded, because it meant they smoked less, and they actually liked having the rule in effect.
http://www.ifihadahifi.net
http://www.superstarcastic.com

Marsupialized wrote:Thank you so much for the pounding, it came in handy.

hey, non-smokers

DrAwkward wrote:
kerble wrote:I stopped smoking in the house, which has been awesome. I used to smoke almost a pack a day and now I think I'm at maybe four or five at best. I smoke more on weekends, but the no-house rule has been awsome. e.g., on saturday, I didn't smoke until maybe 6:00pm! yay!

Yeah, i should point out that while i don't give a rip about smoking in public, i do enforce a no smoking rule in my apartment. Neither my smoking then-grilfriend nor my current smoking roommate minded, because it meant they smoked less, and they actually liked having the rule in effect.

and your blankets don't stink!

I fucking love blankets.
kerble is right.

hey, non-smokers

I stopped smoking for 5 months about 2 years ago. All of a sudden I hated the smell of my clothes when I came home from the pubs. Then I started smoking again because Im an idiot. My girlfriend broke up because she hated to see me smoking and I was stupid enough to NOT quit (which means: she quit because im an idiot :roll: ).
Then there's my father: he smoked 3 packs marlboro red a day and got cancer in the throat. Cancer cured - back to smoking.

Damn... where's my allen carr book??

hey, non-smokers

I've never smoked a cigarette in my life; I am perhaps the only Kentuckian I know who can say that.

I have dated plenty of women who smoke (and even married one), but I am always excited to learn that a woman I'm interested in does not smoke. No matter how much I love you, however, you won't be smoking in my house or in my truck.
dontfeartheringo wrote:I need people to act like grown folks and I just ain't seeing it.