Scott Walker?

CRAP
Total votes: 5 (9%)
NOT CRAP
Total votes: 48 (91%)
Total votes: 53

Artist: Scott Walker

run joe, run wrote:Scott Walker has a new album out in May, titled Drift.

He was interviewed on The Culture Show on BBC 4. It was weird, in that it seemed very normal.

A documentary has been made about him called 30 Century Man, which shows him working on Drift.

Someone has put the Culture Show segment on youtube.

I need to calm down.

This interview is so interesting. The guy is way into his thing.
Which i find inspiring.

My non Scott Walker loving roomates be damned!

You are not crap Scott Walker.

The Drift arrived this morning. On first spin it's much more abstract and fragmented than most of Tilt. It's a really dense and demanding listen (the track Clara lists 'meat punching' among the players' credits), at points almost nightmarishly intense with little of those (admittedly few) moments on Tilt that echoed the early solo work.

It's absolutely staggering that a 63 year old man could come up with something like this.

run joe, run wrote:A demented, untouchable motherfucker.

Just got The Drift. His vocal delivery is sounding more and more like Nick Cave's in the Birthday Party. Scott Walker, WTF? It's really very good. Easily the best new release I've heard for some time.

It's absolutely staggering that a 63 year old man could come up with something like this.
HELLO!

Rodabod wrote:Post "hilarious" forum quote here.

I think The Drift is the best thing he's done. It is one of the best albums I have ever heard in my life. I cannot believe how great this album is. Cannot. Believe. It.
matthew wrote:His Life and his Death gives us LIFE.......supernatural life- which is His own life because he is God and Man. This is all straight Catholicism....no nuttiness or mystical crap here.

burun wrote:I just came back from seeing Scott Walker: 30 Century Man.

Oh.
My.
God.

I know, totally. I saw it just last Friday.
I personally hold Scott Walker in such high esteem, the highest, that I find it really difficult to talk about him at all. Suffice to say, some songs in the film are so powerful, 'Big Louise' and 'Sleepwalkers Woman' for example, that I felt very awkward sat in a cinema with people sat around me (okay, there was only a few). Still, I just wanted to crumple up. The part with him performing 'Rosary' live? Everyone just craned their head back due to the force of his voice and the song. Immense.
Anybody who does anything creative, and/or creates any kind of artwork: Invariably you end up sat there, hunched over a mixing desk, looking at the muddy paint you just mixed, or become aware that you're all alone in a darkroom, whatever-just for a moment you might forget why you're making the effort. It seems futile, you're broke, nobody really gives a shit. Play one song by Scott Walker, just one, and immediately it all comes back to you, why you need to do it, what you can reveal to yourself and how you can share it with others. For real, he's that good. No peers, none whatsoever.