Intersound IVP

I don't know why everyone is selling thier IVP's. Even if it did not have the "tube voice"" channel it is still a great piece of utility studio gear that will absolutely come in handy down the road for guitars, keys, bass, anything really. I think the clean channel is just as versatile as the blister channel.

Intersound IVP

beloveless wrote:I don't know why everyone is selling thier IVP's. Even if it did not have the "tube voice"" channel it is still a great piece of utility studio gear that will absolutely come in handy down the road for guitars, keys, bass, anything really. I think the clean channel is just as versatile as the blister channel.

For me, it's because I'm going on tour, and i'll be taking 3 weeks off work, and I need to raise a little more money to make up for the fact that I'll be unpaid for 3 weeks.

Ben Adrian

Intersound IVP

Mine just arrived today and it's great, but...

I don't know how many of you have opened yours up, but I did so with the intention of changing my power cable out to one of those three prong jack things like this
Anyway, it's a good thing I did because the moment I slightly jostled the cold cable, the insulator flaked right off. Same goes for the live and ground wires. These things are held in place by very tight tie off thingies, so there's a fair chance the insulation on yours is fucked in those areas, and although the insulation on all the other wires seems solid, it's a risk I don't want to take. So yeah, you should consider replacing the power cable on yours (and maybe change it to a jack thingy like I did, assuming you have a Dremel and some time) as soon as you plan on doing a re-cap or something.

By the way, where do you guys get your electrolytic caps? Most of the ones I see on Mouser or in Fry's are radial, but it seems I'll be needing axial when the time comes. Thanks.

Intersound IVP

terminus wrote:Mine just arrived today and it's great, but...

I don't know how many of you have opened yours up, but I did so with the intention of changing my power cable out to one of those three prong jack things like this
Anyway, it's a good thing I did because the moment I slightly jostled the cold cable, the insulator flaked right off. Same goes for the live and ground wires. These things are held in place by very tight tie off thingies, so there's a fair chance the insulation on yours is fucked in those areas, and although the insulation on all the other wires seems solid, it's a risk I don't want to take. So yeah, you should consider replacing the power cable on yours (and maybe change it to a jack thingy like I did, assuming you have a Dremel and some time) as soon as you plan on doing a re-cap or something.

By the way, where do you guys get your electrolytic caps? Most of the ones I see on Mouser or in Fry's are radial, but it seems I'll be needing axial when the time comes. Thanks.

I had exactly the same problem with mine. (flakey insulation on the power cable)
www.superpussy.com.au

Intersound IVP

collig wrote:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290186657829

just sold on ebay I want one but I'm not going to get one cheap these days am I

It depends on weather or not the hawks are watching. I did see one go for about 50 bucks within the past few months. It sort of just slipped through the cracks and no one noticed it. I wish I had remembered to check my "items you are watching " list that day. I'd like to have one for the rack and one for the road. Also recently remembered how nice it is for electric piano.