Top Chef Chicago

I want Nikki booted next. I initially loathed her in the first episode when she got all "I'm from NYC and don't know/care about deep dish pizza," then thought I may have gotten the wrong impression about her being a cunt when she made the lasagna from scratch and seemed to soften a bit.

Now, I'm back to thinking she's a total pushy, bitchy, arrogant cunt. Those mushrooms looked horrendous, the recipe sounded horrible from the start, and then they tried to cover up the error with one for the sharpest and strongest hard cheeses imaginable. Pecorino romano is one of my favourites but with mushrooms stuffed with dried blueberries and then Pecorino romano-ed? Blech.
"To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost."

-Gustave Flaubert

Top Chef Chicago

Mandroid2.0 wrote:I want Nikki booted next. I initially loathed her in the first episode when she got all "I'm from NYC and don't know/care about deep dish pizza," then thought I may have gotten the wrong impression about her being a cunt when she made the lasagna from scratch and seemed to soften a bit.

Now, I'm back to thinking she's a total pushy, bitchy, arrogant cunt. Those mushrooms looked horrendous, the recipe sounded horrible from the start, and then they tried to cover up the error with one for the sharpest and strongest hard cheeses imaginable. Pecorino romano is one of my favourites but with mushrooms stuffed with dried blueberries and then Pecorino romano-ed? Blech.

Agreed, the mushrooms were a disaster, the way they were wishy washy about serving them and pointing fingers after the fact probably hurt them more in the judges eyes. I can't believe she served them cold to the judges after they had yanked them, then wouldn't take responsibility when they sucked. She would have taken all the glory if the judges liked them. Bitch needs to go. Andrew will be around for a while, he puts on a good show. Ryan will hopefully eliminated soon. The one that won last weeks elimination challange, Melissa I think?? She's my bet.
http://www.myspace.com/thecustomarysilence

Top Chef Chicago

burun wrote:Why don't people TASTE their food?

Does going to culinary school make you think you're above tasting your own food?

See, that's why I like Mario Batali - you know that guy can't resist eating his own food. That's the sign of a true chef.
Life...life...I know it's got its ups and downs.

Groucho Marx wrote:Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

Top Chef Chicago

no, but i liked the person who was kicked off tonight. a terrible chef with no presentation skill whatsoever, but a jovial person who everyone seemed to like. oh well, i guess if you can't pull off something that you supposedly do every day, you don't deserve to be there.

i waver on a lot of people. at first i hated the guy who acts like he's on uppers, but i'm starting to think he's just really nervous? i still don't like the guy who didn't know what chicken picatta was, and i'm not sold on richard, he's like marcel-lite with his molecular gastronomy BS, but he seems to be a style over substance guy. nothing he's cooked outside of tonight's jicama taco thing impressed me.

by the way, there was an episode from 2 seasons ago on leading up to tonight's episode (ilan, marcel, sam, cliff, etc), and i couldn't help but realize that this new cast (though it's only been a few weeks) looks HIGHLY inferior to previous casts. anyone else find themselves making similar judgments?

Top Chef Chicago

BadComrade wrote:
barndog wrote:Any of you guys recognize what block that was that had the block party - did they say? I tuned in late.

They lived on Paulina in Lakeview, so maybe that was the street. I've only ever seen the "deep dish disaster" episode, so that's all I have to offer.

argh - i don't remember - they did mention what i inferred as the street is was on at some point, as in "X avenue coctail" or something like that.

i don't think it was lakeview, it seemed more north - lots of bungalows, large tree growth and families and white people (with jeebuz, some very nice kitchens). lincoln square/edgewater?

i was thinking to myself while wathcing it how radically different the block parties would be in different neighborhoods {people and ingredients} - and what process they had to have gone through to pick what block got it.

furthermore - padma is hot.
post honeymoon | bang! bang! | new black