CRAP, 'cos hip hop is crap

CRAP, and hip hop ain't crap
Total votes: 30 (77%)
NOT CRAP
Total votes: 9 (23%)
Total votes: 39

Musician: Eminem- Marshall Mathers- Slim Shady etc.

The Slim Shady LP was genuinely funny and disturbing, and I wouldn't hesitate to call it a great record.

His output slides bigtime after that because he started taking himself waaaaaaaayyyyy too fucking seriously.

Mostly Crap, but I still think The Slim Shady LP was a great record. "Role Model" is absolutely brilliant.
Life...life...I know it's got its ups and downs.

Groucho Marx wrote:Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

He was amazing when he was still properly angry. Everything kind of went to hell after "Lose Yourself," which, though spectacular, kind of displaced him. I hear he's working on new stuff. I hope it doesn't suck.

Though seriously, Slim Shady LP, Marshall Mathers LP, his verses on Dre's Chronic 2001... for a while there he was quite possibly the best rapper working. That delivery, so sharp, every line jumps.

Not Crap.
http://www.myspace.com/leopoldandloebchicago

Linus Van Pelt wrote:I subscribe to neither prong of your false dichotomy.

i haven't read this thread but here's my thought: since i've never seen him play an instrument, and i think dr. dre writes all his music from samples, loops, and machines, calling mr. mathers a musician is a bit of stretch isn't it?

i think the poll should be, "wordsmith: this white guy."

also, i remember a week or two before my senior yr of highschool i saw the video for his first single and thought, "wow, that'll never happen."

next week, a thousand slices of whitebread telling me their name is, their name is, the name is slim shady.

shows what i know.
buy my guitar. now with pictures!

that damned fly wrote:i haven't read this thread but here's my thought: since i've never seen him play an instrument, and i think dr. dre writes all his music from samples, loops, and machines, calling mr. mathers a musician is a bit of stretch isn't it?
Well, Mathers is as much a musician as any singer; that's not as relevant, though, as the fact that Dre typically uses live guitars, bass, and synths (though he's more likely to have session musicians play rather than himself - you can't drop basslines that smooth without skill).

The moral of the story is, judgments based on the process of creation are frequently flawed.
http://www.myspace.com/leopoldandloebchicago

Linus Van Pelt wrote:I subscribe to neither prong of your false dichotomy.