Propagandhi?

Crapagandhi?
Total votes: 22 (39%)
Not Crapagandhi?
Total votes: 35 (61%)
Total votes: 57

band: Propagandhi

Does Todays Empires still have the drums made of cardboard? That record sounds bad - Particularly on the faster, more aggressive songs. They are "thrash" songs with pop punk production.

Edit:

While I'm here: I heard that they have a second guitarist now. Wowee!
HELLO!

Rodabod wrote:Post "hilarious" forum quote here.

Propaghandi, you are probably NOT CRAP. You have brought me much happiness in spite of your music. You are the punchline to many of my jokes. Your ham-fisted lyrical content and SoCal gee-tar sound are not the sort of thing I would go in for myself, but you are certainly committed to it and I find that admirable. Go, team!

Dan

I'm so mad I'm out of town for this:

May 24, 2007 Milwaukee, WI The Miramar Theatre
May 25, 2007 Chicago, IL Abbey Pub
May 28, 2007 Lawrence, KS Bottleneck
May 30, 2007 Denver, CO The Marquis Theatre
May 31, 2007 Omaha, NE Sokol Underground
June 01, 2007 Sioux Falls, SD Nutty's North
June 02, 2007 Minneapolis, MN Triple Rock Social Club
June 03, 2007 Fargo, ND House of Rock @ Playmakers

have fun!
kerble is right.

kerble wrote:I'm so mad I'm out of town for this:

May 24, 2007 Milwaukee, WI The Miramar Theatre
May 25, 2007 Chicago, IL Abbey Pub
May 28, 2007 Lawrence, KS Bottleneck
May 30, 2007 Denver, CO The Marquis Theatre
May 31, 2007 Omaha, NE Sokol Underground
June 01, 2007 Sioux Falls, SD Nutty's North
June 02, 2007 Minneapolis, MN Triple Rock Social Club
June 03, 2007 Fargo, ND House of Rock @ Playmakers

have fun!

Propagandhi come to the Southeast even less than Shellac. Fuck.

Propagandhi is one of my favorite bands. Intelligent, and quite poetic when you research a lot of the little quips that they place in their songs at all the right times.

Today's Empire, Tomorrow's Ashes is probably my favorite record by them so far. Their new album isn't that far off either.

Todd Kowalski as the new bassist for their last two records is a far better fit for the band then John K Samson in my opinion.

The newly added second guitarist's older band Giant Sons is great as well. You would never expect a dude playing those kind of jams to join up with Propagandhi. I'm happy he did though.
lemur68 wrote:Why would you be where a jam band is playing in the first place?

Not Crap. HUGE waffles for heavy handed lyrics & trying to force ideas down my throat.

Live they were pretty darn good. I expected more preaching from the stage, but they just set a table up with a bunch of reading materials - so that was a sort of pleasant surprise.
Mark Lansing wrote:Night Ranger, on the other hand, always sucked like a cheap whore with bad teeth at a Shriner's convention.