Director Christopher Nolan

Guano
Total votes: 9 (39%)
Gold
Total votes: 14 (61%)
Total votes: 23

Re: Director Christopher Nolan

Dunkirk was visually stunning in the theater (the sound design set off my tinnitus in a major way).

Prestige was fantastic. I'm stoked as fuck to see Oppenheimer. I read American Prometheus last year and I cannot imagine what he'll include and what he'll edit out. Dude had a fucking wild life.

NC, but with some major waffles.

I kind of love Nolan best when it's just all VIBE, pulsating score, cross cutting between a bunch of different stuff, minimal dialogue, etc. TENET and DUNKRIK definitely ruled for that, though I still think THE PRESTIGE is his best all around film.

Can't wait to spend a whole day on edibles seeing BARBIE and OPENHEIMER back to back.
Band: www.bracketsseattle.bandcamp.com
Old band: www.burnpermits.bandcamp.com
Older band: www.policeteeth.bandcamp.com

liked insomnia and the prestige most of all, very much, very good. very much want to read "the magic - the making of a film", c. priest's account of c. nolan's adaptation of his book. no mean feat, adapting that thing!

gave inception a shot. strong and vivid but didn't get me where i live.

i know nothing. if you liked the prestige at all i can recommend the book.

He reminds me a lot of Wes Anderson, has a very distinct style, works with the same groups of co-collaborators, is generally good & interesting & cool to look at, but like Anderson his style is so rigid it doesn't allow the movies to breathe very much and sometimes that makes the overall experience feel like a chore, so it is shocking & thrilling when some aspect of his movies does go outside the lines, specifically John David Washington's swaggery performance in Tenet or Heath Ledger's in the Dark Knight.

Also like Anderson it is hard to shake the feeling that Nolan is watching you watch the movie and is just dying for you to tell him how smart it is

I really like The Dark Knight. Dunkirk is pretty great. The Prestige is good. Inception is good. The rest is all watchable. Not Crap.

Sight & Sound published a long, detailed interview with Nolan recently, and it inspired me to finally get off my ass and watched Oppenheimer. (Verdict: quite good, could’ve used some breathing room.)

Didn’t like the Heath Ledger Batman movie at all.

But Nolan is a huge proponent of filming on film and spends huge amounts of time and money on film preservation. It almost doesn’t matter what his films are like. He gets a not crap for that.