London

Crap
Total votes: 6 (21%)
Not Crap
Total votes: 22 (79%)
Total votes: 28

City: London

Bradley R. Weissenberger wrote:
B_M_L wrote:maybe you just looked hard into your lonely planet guide and forgot to look up?

If by "Lonely Planet" guide you mean "the advice of many residents and exhaustive research", then you're spot on.

God, I'd rather visit Houston.

B_M_L wrote:I think it’s good that people think its shit though. Nothing sucks as hard as tourists.

I hope that your effort to avoid tourists in London works out for you.

Bradley R. Weissenberger - If you are ever in London again (sounds like this may not happen - but if) let me know and I will do my best to make sure you have a good time. I'm sorry you didn't like it.

B_M_L wrote:I think it’s good that people think its shit though. Nothing sucks as hard as tourists.

If anyone's on the fence about whether they should shit money in London or New York this year, make everyone happy and come to New York. I love tourists. Honest to God I love them. Just as long as you don't leave your kids here or your old people.

I like London quite a bit, but find some details of the city maddening.

Like your transportation system. Sure, it's neat-looking and old. But you have no air conditioning. You stop running at midnight, leaving us with the night bus system, whose maps are confusing to sober people, much less ones who have been imbibing copious amounts of cider.

I like London's small, obsessive museums like the Museum of Tin Toys, or the Really Big Collection Of Bottlecaps (note: I just made up the second one) because nobody does obsession like the Brits.

Your papers come out in the evening, something I wish would happen here.
I make music/I also make pretty pictures

the music scene does suck, which you can blame the cost of living for, but london (especially the east end) is just such a weird coagulation of awesome shit from different cultures and time periods that i'm willing to look past it and vote N/C! also, they have the Crobar and those green milk square things you can get on Brick Lane. and KABOBS.