Re: Little Details from Your Day

Teacher's Pet wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 1:04 pm
Teacher's Pet wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:26 am There's a defunct storefront near me in Brooklyn where an older dude will sometimes sell yard sale grade knickknacks and "vintage" hippie posters (digital re-prints) and other odds and ends. On Saturday, behind the posters, he had this (below) which was clearly a real painting made, by hand.

The style, subject matter and aspect ratio suggested commercial artwork for reproduction (too narrow for a magazine, so I figured it was probably for a paperback pulp novel.) The guy quoted an affordable price and I jumped on it.

I got home and googled the artist name "C. Doore" and immediately got tons of results for pulp novels and pulp magazines, and lo and behold:
Shame about the dorky glitter tape somebody added. Nevertheless, I'm glad to have rescued this piece, I will make sure it finds a forever home where it will be taken care of and appreciated. I'm not sure it meets the criteria for 'art I would like to live with in my house' but I think I could flip it for a low, fair price and still make a little beer money.

If anybody has any advice/experience with non-eBay "art auctions" please do share.

We're hoping she's about to turn around and kill her attacker with his own gun. I have a copy of 'Straw Boss' on the way now so we can find out. Not gonna hold my breath on that one.
UPDATE: The auction date approaches, get out your checkbooks.
Sorry, no PRF deals available.

I just hope I get to meet the moustache guy from Antiques Roadshow, he works at the auction house. I'm a big fan.
Well, it didn't sell.
Now I gotta figure out what the hell to do with this thing. Fuck.

Teacher's Pet wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 2:20 pm
Teacher's Pet wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 1:04 pm
Teacher's Pet wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:26 am There's a defunct storefront near me in Brooklyn where an older dude will sometimes sell yard sale grade knickknacks and "vintage" hippie posters (digital re-prints) and other odds and ends. On Saturday, behind the posters, he had this (below) which was clearly a real painting made, by hand.

The style, subject matter and aspect ratio suggested commercial artwork for reproduction (too narrow for a magazine, so I figured it was probably for a paperback pulp novel.) The guy quoted an affordable price and I jumped on it.

I got home and googled the artist name "C. Doore" and immediately got tons of results for pulp novels and pulp magazines, and lo and behold:
Shame about the dorky glitter tape somebody added. Nevertheless, I'm glad to have rescued this piece, I will make sure it finds a forever home where it will be taken care of and appreciated. I'm not sure it meets the criteria for 'art I would like to live with in my house' but I think I could flip it for a low, fair price and still make a little beer money.

If anybody has any advice/experience with non-eBay "art auctions" please do share.

We're hoping she's about to turn around and kill her attacker with his own gun. I have a copy of 'Straw Boss' on the way now so we can find out. Not gonna hold my breath on that one.
UPDATE: The auction date approaches, get out your checkbooks.
Sorry, no PRF deals available.

I just hope I get to meet the moustache guy from Antiques Roadshow, he works at the auction house. I'm a big fan.
Well, it didn't sell.
Now I gotta figure out what the hell to do with this thing. Fuck.
eBay?
Records + CDs for sale
Perfume for sale

andyman wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 5:49 pm AC/DC are playing Wembley and tickets are £350-450. Nosebleeds are £120.

The world has gone fucking mad.
Seriously. I refuse to spend more than $80USD on a concert ticket, and that feels a bit mad to me.

My detail.

I was visiting my mom at a old person place and some guy in a wheelchair commented on my height. I said "Hi I'm Adam what's your name?" He said "I don't know!" and he laughed and I laughed. Then he said "Good man."
Records + CDs for sale
Perfume for sale