Re: Requiescat FM Steve

trey wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 5:10 pm I had forgotten all about recording that little clip 14 years ago. My wife uploaded it to her youtube channel and it never got many views and then I just forgot it. She dug it up the other day and I remembered it all. I wish to hell the quality was better and I'm sorry it cut out when it did.
Oh no worries at all, am just thankful to have any footage of it. There was a full, high quality video at one point, but it's a bummer of a story that doesn't need to be in this thread.
Music

penningtron wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 8:14 pm
trey wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 5:10 pm I had forgotten all about recording that little clip 14 years ago. My wife uploaded it to her youtube channel and it never got many views and then I just forgot it. She dug it up the other day and I remembered it all. I wish to hell the quality was better and I'm sorry it cut out when it did.
Oh no worries at all, am just thankful to have any footage of it. There was a full, high quality video at one point, but it's a bummer of a story that doesn't need to be in this thread.
I'm aware of all the many videos that were lost, and I agree. Bummer and this is not the place. But thank you for helping make that weekend something those who were there will never forget.

'Supe is doing well. Last summer and the summer before he and I and FM Jimmy TwoHands and FM Arista (forgive me I forgot your handle) went to some White Sox games when I was in town visiting. Next time we speak I will send him all your regards. He has always been one of my favorite people here and one of the few who's wit could almost equal FM steves.

Again, so many of you I only know because of Uncle Steve and I am richer for it. Not FM Cakes. I mean yeah sure our friendship enriches my life and yeah I am grateful for it, why not, but I have known him since I went to Columbia in the late '90's. His presence in my life pre-dates the PRF.
© 2003 el protoolio

El Protoolio wrote: 'Supe is doing well. Last summer and the summer before he and I and FM Jimmy TwoHands and FM Arista (forgive me I forgot your handle) went to some White Sox games when I was in town visiting. Next time we speak I will send him all your regards. He has always been one of my favorite people here and one of the few who's wit could almost equal FM steves.

Again, so many of you I only know because of Uncle Steve and I am richer for it. Not FM Cakes. I mean yeah sure our friendship enriches my life and yeah I am grateful for it, why not, but I have known him since I went to Columbia in the late '90's. His presence in my life pre-dates the PRF.
Let's just petition 'Sup to come back to the forum via Facecock.
Trey Wrote: "How great must a thread be to miss such a thing? Beans on the penis great, I suppose"

speedie wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 9:21 pm
El Protoolio wrote: 'Supe is doing well. Last summer and the summer before he and I and FM Jimmy TwoHands and FM Arista (forgive me I forgot your handle) went to some White Sox games when I was in town visiting. Next time we speak I will send him all your regards. He has always been one of my favorite people here and one of the few who's wit could almost equal FM steves.

Let's just petition 'Sup to come back to the forum via Facecock.
Not gonna happen. But, dude is living his best life.

Before Steve got on to sing Lido Shuffle, he dedicated the song to Michael from Silkworm. Does anyone remember what he said? It was something like "Michael would always say 'more drinking, more partying (?), more ____'". I'm only semi confident the drinking part was part of it. Anyone remember what it was?

eliya wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 12:53 am Before Steve got on to sing Lido Shuffle, he dedicated the song to Michael from Silkworm. Does anyone remember what he said? It was something like "Michael would always say 'more drinking, more partying (?), more ____'". I'm only semi confident the drinking part was part of it. Anyone remember what it was?
I also can’t remember what it was, but if I was a betting man, I’d say it was “…more fucking.” I mean, it WAS the horniest bbq.

Edit- I don’t remember anything particularly horny about it.

Edit Edit- I just remembered a couple of things.

eliya wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 12:53 am Before Steve got on to sing Lido Shuffle, he dedicated the song to Michael from Silkworm. Does anyone remember what he said? It was something like "Michael would always say 'more drinking, more partying (?), more ____'". I'm only semi confident the drinking part was part of it. Anyone remember what it was?
I don't remember what may have been said before the song, but immediately after:

One more drink, one more fuck, one more hearty laugh.

(the final lyric in the song is "one more for the road")
Music

This is my inaugural post on the new forum, and I'm only sorry that it's taken the most tragic and unimaginable circumstances to make it so. Reading through your tributes and memories of Steve, I think I'm dealing with this about as well as everyone else here, which is to say, a rolling roster of sheer disbelief, sadness, and grief. I'm utterly stunned and literally saddened to tears. My thoughts, of course, are with Steve's family, Heather, and close friends. I can't imagine what they must be going through.

As many of you have said, I wouldn't have known so many brilliant and wonderful people, online and in real life, if it weren’t for the forum, which has enriched my life beyond measure. Great swathes of my record collection are indebted to Steve, who has been a part of my life and foundational in shaping my musical taste since I was a teenager in the 1980s. I couldn’t have admired anyone more as I watched him grow as a person, own his missteps, and strive to be the very best that he could be, not just in his chosen field but also in how he conducted himself in life. He left the world in better shape than he found it. He was a hero to me, and I loved him from afar.

I love you all too, even though I'm not around much these days. Our friendships and connections have migrated to social media, you’re all still very much a cherished part of my life.

This has absolutely crushed me.
Last edited by cjh on Sun May 12, 2024 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
*^*^*