Frank Zappa?

CRAP
Total votes: 44 (41%)
NOT CRAP
Total votes: 63 (59%)
Total votes: 107

Artist: Frank Zappa

yut wrote:I'm so glad the indie scene is through with all that 70's crap. The excesses of the 70's... Yuk!

which is worse

a) King Crimson - Red
b) What people do in the name of "punk rock"TM
My pretty pony! Why, Zorak, why? You could have had any woman you wanted! But you chose the woman I love almost as much as I love myself! You ruined my life, you ruined her life, and now, I'm going to ruin your life!!!

Bartok wrote:
yut wrote:I'm so glad the indie scene is through with all that 70's crap. The excesses of the 70's... Yuk!

which is worse

a) King Crimson - Red
b) What people do in the name of "punk rock"TM

Great comparison.

Hey, what would you like for dinner?

a) A corn dog wrapped in a ten dollar bill
b) A steak smeared with feces

So you're saying you prefer corn dogs to steak? What's wrong with you?!

were you the guy at the pub yesterday calling me gay because I sometimes have fried eggs for breakfast?

I dont think I've ever had a corn dog.
My pretty pony! Why, Zorak, why? You could have had any woman you wanted! But you chose the woman I love almost as much as I love myself! You ruined my life, you ruined her life, and now, I'm going to ruin your life!!!

Linus Van Pelt wrote:
My purpose wasn't to trash King Crimson. I was just trying to point out that you can make anything look better than anything else, if you're comparing the best example of it to the worst example of the other thing.

I realize that, I thought it was an astute observation, especially when read with a Linus voice. Imagine Linus saying ""Lights, please...A steak smeared with feces...Now, Rancid VS. Matching Mole..."

I also wanted to post a pic of just-pre Red era King Crimson.

This post is off track. Here's my Frank Zappa autographed white label Weasels Ripped My Flesh. Thanks to the guy that took it backstage for me in 1982.

I still like Frank, (30 years on!), maybe about 25% of his output. That's enough for me to vote Not Crap, because that's a great 25%. I'm not gonna get out of hand like the Fugazi guy, though.

Shit, I never listened to this guy at all, so I am hardly to be the judge here on whether crap/not crap. BUT:

I was in a buddy's car the other day, he had this cassette on that went:

These executives have plooked the fuck out of me / and it's a long time till I pay off my debt to society

and later something like:

I'll zone out into a semi-catatonic state / and dream up guitar notes that would irritate / an executive kind of guy

I thought those were some awesome lyrics; later I found out it was Zappa- Joe's Garage.

Judging by the music, though, I had assumed it was some kind of parody or joke.