Re: Politics

Frankie99 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2024 9:25 am Y'all - put like 3 or 4 people on your foe list and go about your day. It's pretty clear those who have zero curiosity here and are either fucking with you or baiting you.
I for one am shocked that someone who calls himself "dumbass" might not be operating in good faith

And there we have it, the Harris campaign outright stoking hatred against trans people to make a “gotcha” against Trump that no one who follows him will believe/care about anyways. Fuck every last one of these pieces of shit

Krev wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2024 3:33 pm Aren't they just refuting Trump's bullshit claim that Harris only was allowing this care in CA prisons?
Do you think anyone, in 2024, is swayed by “look, Trump is a hypocrite!” This literally only works as an attack if you think it’s *bad* that trans prisoners were allowed medical care during the Trump presidency. It is indistinguishable from an attack that someone running to the right of him would make. Every other trans person I know who has seen it is livid about it, because taken *at best* it’s “Trump is a hypocrite for allowing something that’s actually good while running ads against it!” and at worst it’s “Trump *says* he’s anti-trans, but he allowed trans prisoners to transition!”.

If your attack upsets trans people while Republicans respond with “that’s a lie, Kamala is the one who let trangenders transition in prison!!”, you’ve greatly fucked up. God I swear this campaign is being run by some of the most ignorant assholes on the planet who *want* to lose. I can all but guarantee they didn’t consult a single trans person about posting this
Last edited by Hex on Wed Oct 16, 2024 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I agree with you that it's completely fucked. Republicans would latch on to this because it also involves prisons, thereby providing a racist dog whistle.
We're headed for social anarchy when people start pissing on bookstores.

Like, since when has an attack ever gone “this politician says [bad thing] but in reality, does [good thing]”? The very best faith interpretation is that they are just saying “he’s a hypocrite!”, and one gives a shit about hypocrisy for hypocrisy’s sake, especially Trump’s, which is something that the Democrats should have learned fucking ages ago, and at worst the attack implies that it’s *bad* he allowed it. God, it’s maddening