The Verve are back and with Nick McCabe

tommydski wrote:In Britain, there are people who think that not only are Coldplay a going concern, they mention them in terms of the best band of all time. I haven't yet sought legal counsel on this matter but I am assuming the laws in Britain prohibit me from thrashing these people to death with a dull rock. It's a strange country.

Interesting this tread has to do with the Verve not coldplay.

tommydski wrote:I've taken my cats for walks for a decade or so.
(SHe)Don't need a leash, she follows me.

Respect. You walk around your neighborhood with your cats.

tommydski wrote:I'm guessing there is sugar in most booze but I only drink a couple of times a year now so it hardly counts.

Nice one, having more than a half a dozen lagers a year is a bad call.

By the way when it's all said and done your one of the forum memebers who loves the Arcade Fire. They are the most overrated pop band ever. As much as they want to be a big pop band they will never write anything close to as good as Bittersweet Symphony.

John George Peppers wrote:Those of you who have decided not to like them will not change your opinion if god himself came down to tell you they are a great band(Which they are.) I've noticed british bands in general are not favored by the majority here and shoegazers naturally fall into that category. Oh well, continue banging on about Steve, Slint, how sandals should never be worn, and how bad you think the stones are. Good day and see you on the next one. JGP

The Verve are back and with Nick McCabe

BadComrade wrote:
fantasmatical thorr wrote:Snow Patrol.

I can't stop telling everyone how fucking -great- Snow Patrol's album Songs For Polar Bears is.

I can't fucking believe how mother fucking terrible that band decided to get. I can't understand how a band who could put out such a great album could willingly decide to make bland soft rock ballads to be used as the soundtrack for tons of shit tv shows like "The OC" (or whatever show probably plays that fucking garbage ass music they make now).

They're one of the the WORST fucking bands around right now, but I fucking swear to you, Songs for Polar Bears is a fucking great record.

No doubt about this. I was fucking shocked when I saw how popular they became. Polar Bears is a fantastic record. It's some sad shit.

-Jeremy