Led Zeppelin stole stuff (surprise surprise)

El Protoolio wrote:
NerblyBear wrote:Seriously? You think that other version of "Dazed and Confused" has anything on Zep's version? You think that old blues "Nobody's Fault but Mine" has anything to do with Zep's song?

Actually I guess I misunderstood you. I thought you were saying Zeps original songs were weak compared to their versions of other people's songs.

So I agree with you.

I actually don't. Maybe it's a sign that I'm losing some kind of steam but some of those older versions are completely awesome and I'm going to go check them out.
It's funny because I've never liked most of the old blues stuff I've heard... but watching the video something just clicked and I've got to go find them. So yeah, while I agree that Zep took those songs and made them their own, I think the originals completely kick ass in their own right.
Well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

honeyisfunny wrote:
world of pee wrote:sure, it would've have been more honest for them to have credited it as a cover with a new arrangement, and maybe royalties would have been divvied up more fairly.

So you disagree with me how?

i agree that they were dicks with credits and royalties. i'm just saying it doesn't invalidate their musical contribution.
jimmy spako wrote:jeff porcaro may be gone but his ghostnotes continue to haunt me.

world of pee wrote:
honeyisfunny wrote:
world of pee wrote:sure, it would've have been more honest for them to have credited it as a cover with a new arrangement, and maybe royalties would have been divvied up more fairly.

So you disagree with me how?

i agree that they were dicks with credits and royalties. i'm just saying it doesn't invalidate their musical contribution.

Yep. So, again, how do you disagree with me? I never said they were shit...